When do STL schools dismiss for summer? - Mothering Forums
Missouri, Illinois, Iowa > When do STL schools dismiss for summer?
Jennisee's Avatar Jennisee 01:58 PM 05-04-2009
My family is wanting to take a small vacation to St. Louis, and we'd really like to do it before the schools let out for the summer, to keep the crowds to a minimum. I saw on the school district's webpage that the last schedule day was supposed to be June 3, but it didn't say whether they needed to make up any snow days, and no one answered the Public Information line when I called. Does anyone know whether the last day is still June 3 or if it's been moved later? TIA!

wendyland's Avatar wendyland 04:18 PM 05-04-2009
Ours is out May 28. A lot of schools get out the last week of May.
AuntNi's Avatar AuntNi 04:36 PM 05-04-2009
We didn't have many snow days in the City or County, so I don't know of any schools that are letting out later. But wendyland is correct that many schools let out before Memorial Day.

Let us know if you need travel planning info - I love talking about St. Louis!
Jennisee's Avatar Jennisee 05:46 PM 05-04-2009
Thanks for the information. That kinda messes things up, because we were leaning towards June 1-3. How much of a difference in crowds do you think we'd see at places like the zoo, Magic House, and Grant's Farm?
wendyland's Avatar wendyland 11:31 PM 05-04-2009
It's hard to say how much more crowded. I don't think a weekday, even with schools out will be as crowded as a typical weekend. I think that there will be more crowds the first week after school gets out because a lot of camps don't start until a week into June.
Ellie'sMom's Avatar Ellie'sMom 10:51 PM 05-05-2009
St. Louis City schools go until June 5th, which will be a half day.
Up