Need urologist in STL area - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 05-22-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is for my nephew, his mom isn't on MDC and asked me to see if I could find anything out. Her little guy was 3 in March and has Multi-Cystic Dyplastic Kidney Disease (MCDK). (spelling may be off) His current urologist wants to remove the kidney and my brother and his fiance (understandably) want a second opinion. Does anyone have any recommendation for a urologist who treats children in the STL area? (They live in St. Charles, but can travel a bit if need be.)
Also, if any of you have little ones who have had/have this condition or a similar one, and you'd be willing to talk to (or email with) my future-sister-in-law, I know she could really use the support. She's feeling overwhelmed and scared by info she's found on the internet, but isn't feeling totally informed by the doctor. I know she would really benefit by talking to another mama who has been there. Feel free to PM me. TIA!!

Christina, proud mama of 2 strong, brilliant, creative, kind, beautiful girls from A to Z. Wife of 11 years to best friend and awesome papa, Brian. :::

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page