VBAC Hospital/OB? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 05-24-2009, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I am pregnant with baby number two and was planning a VBAC at the Columbia Birth Center but just heard they are closing in December. As we are due in January, this presents a problem. Second choice would be to try and VBAC at Barnes Jewish St Peters or MOBAP. I know a Labor and Delivery nurse at BJSP and she had both her babies at the birth center and is incredibly natural minded. She said that the doctor that she thinks follows the birth plans the closest at BJSP is Dr. Reining and that she is also trying to find a midwife for her practice. Has anyone had any experience with her or BJSP?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
WOW! I'm in shock. I hadn't heard the birth center was closing. Any idea why??

Sorry you are going through this pregnant...esp w/ a vbac. I had the rug pulled out from under me when I was pregnant w/ my vbac baby too. It is a difficult time to be making/changing plans.

I've not heard of Dr. Reining, but recommendations by ld nurses (esp naturally minded ones) are worth their weight.

Have you been to an ICAN meeting? We have a meeting in St. Charles. Check out times dates and the local message board for ICAN at: http://stlouis.ican-online.org/ I colead the one in stl county, but attend the st. charles one periodically....It is a great meeting. We have had moms have vbac's at mobap, but pretty much, it depends on how supportive your doc is andhow much they will fight for you. Good luck on your vbac! Keep us posted what you decide.
#3 of 3 Old 06-01-2009, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks MommyDOK! Dr. Allerman is retiring?/leaving the birth center in December. Ivy told me that they haven't had any interest so far from any doctors to practice with them. If they can't find a doctor they will close their doors in December so she isn't able to guarantee any birth center births after Dec.

I have been emailing with Nicole from St. Charles ICAN about meetings and hope to get to one soon. I am also on the ICAN forum boards and am requesting access to the provider reviews private forums. Maybe I will meet you in person at one if you visit the St. Charles meetings . Thanks for your reply!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page