seriously? 90 degrees all week? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am just venting because I HATE summer. I am down already. It's so hot and muggy. Why do we live here?

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in KS. They are expecting 99 today and 101 tomorrow for us.:

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM

I hear you, mama. I have really enjoyed this cool, wet spring, and to suddenly have 80s and 90% humidity is killing me. If anyone wants me, I'll be in the basement, in front of the fan.....

~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
Old 06-22-2009, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

I think I have the opposite of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I am sad when it's hot and sunny but I LOVE winter and fall. I guess I'm strange. I detest hot weather.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 PM

It's 88 here right now with a heat index of 100. I'd be content with 72 degrees year round, raining every other night. If only...

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM

It's reading 94 degrees in this KS burb - at 6:20pm! LOL be sure and remember this when it hits 5 degrees in about 6 months!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

I saw this in new posts but I have to admit it made me laugh a little bit. Here in central CA 90 degrees for a week is a cool week. It's regularly 90-100+ all summer long. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 98. And this isn't even the hottest time of year.

We don't have the humidity though, so it may be worse when it's 90 where you guys are.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:04 PM

Yeah, Talula, without the humidity you have no idea how it feels.

The weatherman this morning said that last June we did not have a single day above 90 degrees, and today will be our 8th for this June. My husband is doing lawn care this summer, thankfully he had yesterday and today off but he will be mowing in this heat tomorrow. 94% humidity at 8am does not bode well for the day.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 PM

yesterday it registered 104 at 4 pm. so hot and humid. we had a whole week of cool rainy weather then BAM! hot and humid. so humid. cant hardly breathe. we are not leaving the house today. AC is on. i am too pregnant to like this humidity.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I saw this in new posts but I have to admit it made me laugh a little bit. Here in central CA 90 degrees for a week is a cool week. It's regularly 90-100+ all summer long. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 98. And this isn't even the hottest time of year.

We don't have the humidity though, so it may be worse when it's 90 where you guys are.
It is worse, because right now, with the high humidities, it is impossible to cool off - you sweat, but it doesn't cool your body off at all. As a result, it is easy to develop heat stroke without doing very much. It is actually very dangerous, and we are right now under a "heat advisory" until Wed night.

When people say "It's not the heat, it's the humidity" they are not kidding. I've lived in the desert of S. New Mexico, and I'll take 100 degrees there over 80 degrees here any day.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, it's the humidity that is the kicker. It's just awful. Heat index of 105 here today, I did not let the kids go out at all. It's just too hot. Even inside, doing housework in the AC, I am getting out of breath. It's so bad.

WHY DO WE LIVE HERE?!?!?!?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 PM

yeah, its just nasty right now.....its 5 and the heat index is at 99. But I think tomorrow is the last day of actual temps being in the upper 90s. I think I got spoiled this year though....it was cooler than usual and quite nice.

and yeah, the humiditys the kicker. I remember going to tuscon once....it was like 102 and we went swimming...when I got out of the pool, I actually felt cool! I was like oh, this is why swimming is supposed to be refreshing

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 06-24-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post
Yeah, it's the humidity that is the kicker. It's just awful. Heat index of 105 here today, I did not let the kids go out at all. It's just too hot. Even inside, doing housework in the AC, I am getting out of breath. It's so bad.

WHY DO WE LIVE HERE?!?!?!?

My 11 yo DD declared that she is going to live in Alaska when she moves out! It wouldn't surprise me, she doesn't feel the cold but can't tolerate heat at all.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

I'm with your dd. I don't mind cold at all, but heat is awful.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I think I have the opposite of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I am sad when it's hot and sunny but I LOVE winter and fall. I guess I'm strange. I detest hot weather.
LOL!

Cold showers every day - at least once a day, maybe more - is my survival plan at the moment... whew...

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

Old 06-24-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Me too! Where we live it's really nice from about November to June, with a sometimes a few hot weeks in May. But I spend all those months dreading July through October! It's awful. Anything about 80 I could skip.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 PM

this summer is awful. i dont remember it being this hot last year. the thermometer read 92 this afternoon, and that is without the heat index. DH came home with heat exhaustion yesterday. scared the begeezers out of me. he was a little disoriented and said he thought he was tripping. after laying down in the ac woth some cold presses on his neck and stuff he felt better. but i was scared. today went better but...
this is the first time he has been back to work after being laid off a month ago. and they sent him outside to frame houses. the kids dont like being stuck in the house but it is too hot. oct can come soon enough. i am going on to my 6th month preg and i tell you i dont like being preg in the summer. i am dreading august. at least sept cools off a little.

my fav seasons are spring and fall. i can do without summer and winter. the cold hurts and the heat smothers....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

I just can't stand summer. I Loooove the cold. Winter is so wonderful and beautiful and quiet. : I love it so.

Might let the boys out to play for a short time today. VERY short. Noah is asking to play "tay-ball". I feel so bad. It's just SO hot.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 AM

well, weve been under a heat advisory all week (todays hight is predicted at 98 with hight humidity again) but my kids have still been out everyday. I have to take the puppy out obviously, and the kids follow Yesterday I kept asling if they were hot and wanted to go back in....my dd rollled her eyes and said "mom, I'm not hot....Im staying out". Hexk, my DH is still riding his bike to work....apparently I am in a family of heat lovers....though DH did grow up just south of Houston.

We go out and sit in the shade (I have really nice shade...deep and actuall cooler) play in the kiddie pool, and water the gardens. We dont stay out all day like the kds like to do, but a good 45 minute to an hour once or twice a day, and then the puppy potty breaks

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 AM

we just went to a rainy weather spell. supposed to rain today and sat. it is either raining or hotter than all get out. i tell you it is driving me crazy. at least i can let the kids out today. high of 85. they like playing in the rain when it is hot out. i dont blame them.

User Tag List