Any Quad Cities mamas here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 11-13-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're moving from Des Moines to Davenport in December and I'm really bummed by the lack of AP/non-mainstream parenting groups, both online and IRL. Des Moines has a ton, and so far, I haven't found any in the QC. Please tell me there are others like us!

Would love to find a group to g2g with regularly once we're there (I work FT, but could plan for once a month or so), and I'm also looking for pediatrition and daycare recs.

Look forward to meeting you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 AM

Quad Cities has its own chapter of Friends of Iowa Midwives, which would be a good place to ask questions like this -- plus it has some fabulous AP mamas involved! I'm only 45 min away in Iowa City .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#3 of 14 Old 11-20-2009, 03:38 PM

Hello! I am currently living in Davenport. I am actually from Des Moines originally and will be moving back there next fall. I have lived in Davenport for about 3 years and your right it definately is not like Des Moines, but I have found a great group of mamas through LLL meetings. When are you moving and to what area? here is the LLL link below to check ot meeting times.

http://www.lllusa.org/web/QuadCities.html

femalesling.GIFmama to my spirited little Will joy.gif10/4/08 and sweet Karlie babygirl.gif 8/22/12.

http://www.beoverjoyed.blogspot.comRainbow.gif

#4 of 14 Old 11-24-2009, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

We close Dec. 1! My husband and DD will be moving that day, and I will be down later in the week.

We purchased a home on the west end of Davenport.

Thanks for the link - I will definitely check it out!
#5 of 14 Old 11-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Hello

I live in the QC....would love to get a AP playgroup going!
#6 of 14 Old 11-25-2009, 06:17 PM

I'll let roomformore know to check out this thread... she's in Davenport.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#7 of 14 Old 11-30-2009, 03:04 PM

I'm sorry to say that there aren't a lot of resources in the QC. You would think there would be more with Palmer here, but that's just not the case.
I have a friend with a 5 yr old dd who has been talking about getting a regular group together for playdates. When you get settled in I could put you in contact with her. My family is not going out much right now b/c we've just had a baby, but after the first of the year we'll be looking for things to do again.

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#8 of 14 Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomformore View Post
I'm sorry to say that there aren't a lot of resources in the QC. You would think there would be more with Palmer here, but that's just not the case.
I have a friend with a 5 yr old dd who has been talking about getting a regular group together for playdates. When you get settled in I could put you in contact with her. My family is not going out much right now b/c we've just had a baby, but after the first of the year we'll be looking for things to do again.
That would be great! Congrats on new baby! Realistically, it will probably be after the first of the year before we're ready to venture out too. We got all moved in on Tuesday, but with unpacking and holidays coming up (and me still having a lot of gifts to make!), etc it just seems like waiting until Jan makes more sense.

I work FT, but would def. be interested in a Saturday playgroup or something once or twice a month.
#9 of 14 Old 12-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Hey! I'm originally from Moline, live in Muscatine now. My MOPS group actually seems to have a lot of great AP mamas!

SAHM to Matthew Dylan (06.14.07), Cheyenne Nichole (11.11.09), wife to Joe! (11.11.09)
#10 of 14 Old 12-05-2009, 10:11 PM

I live in Moline. I'm not really interested in playgroup (LLL does one during the warmer weather - not sure about winter), but I'd be willing to meet for coffee or something. I work FT also and go to school - along with mothering 4 kids!

Janel ~ wife and mother of 4, L&D RN, midwifery student
#11 of 14 Old 01-04-2010, 05:38 PM

Another vote for an AP playgroup! I'd be interested in getting together during week though since I SAH. Let me know if you mamas already have something in the works.....
#12 of 14 Old 01-06-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Taureans View Post
Another vote for an AP playgroup! I'd be interested in getting together during week though since I SAH. Let me know if you mamas already have something in the works.....
Please, let me know as well! I am a sahm and could use some more friends who parent like we do. =)

SAHM to Matthew Dylan (06.14.07), Cheyenne Nichole (11.11.09), wife to Joe! (11.11.09)
#13 of 14 Old 01-12-2010, 02:50 AM

I am only around until this fall, but would still love to get together!

femalesling.GIFmama to my spirited little Will joy.gif10/4/08 and sweet Karlie babygirl.gif 8/22/12.

http://www.beoverjoyed.blogspot.comRainbow.gif

#14 of 14 Old 01-19-2010, 11:36 PM

I'll be moving to the area (Moline) in the next month or so and would love to get together once i'm settled though that may take a while.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page