Anyone a little south of Chicago?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-19-2009, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in Kankakee, IL and having a hard time finding other gentle mothers in my area. My little ones are 3 1/2 months and 4 years old. Is anyone around?!?!

Mama to DD 12/05, DS 8/09 , nursing, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-vaxing, no circ
#2 of 7 Old 01-15-2010, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Really, no one is down this way? Can that really be true!?

There is a LLL group that I've met moms through down here. Although they are attachment parenting, babywearing, cosleeping, breastfeeding, etc. and very nice women, many don't practice gentle parenting. They still believe in spanking, being a set authority with children that immediately and always obey, etc. Basically they follow the Pearls method. I would really like to find gentle mothers.

Anyone?!

Mama to DD 12/05, DS 8/09 , nursing, baby wearing, cosleeping, non-vaxing, no circ
#3 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 04:40 PM

I know a mama your way... I'll send her to this thread!
#4 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much chandasz!

#5 of 7 Old 01-18-2010, 11:47 PM

Sorry you aren't up our way but if you like-- we do have a yahoo group for "virtual support". Great group of mamas. Attachment Parenting Real life is the name of our group
#6 of 7 Old 02-05-2010, 12:38 AM

Yup, we're in Tinley Park. There's a local LLL that meets during the day now in Orland Park if you're interested. There will be an AP group meeting in Orland 1x a month starting this month and there's also a AP Chicago South yahoo group. HTH!

Mama to (5/04), : (8/05), : (6/07) & : (1/10)
since 7/02 :
#7 of 7 Old 02-18-2010, 01:53 PM

Hi! I run a group for the south suburbs a bit closer to the city that is very natural family/gentle parenting minded but i will be dissolving the group next month because we are moving. Having the group though has lead me to other group in the area i can recommend.

Like said above, i think you should check out:
Orland Park LLL (3rd Tuesday of each month at 10:30AM) AP Chicago South (2nd Tuesday of each month)
@ Cutie Poops and Bottoms 14910 South La Grange Road (in Trader Joes mall)

I have been to both meetings and know a few moms in each, i know you will find mothers with similar beliefs and feel very comfortable.

Holistic Moms Network Chicago SW Suburbs Chapter - they meet in Homer Glen, for some reason they don't have their events up in that calendar so you could also check out their Facebook

I know they are still a bit of a drive for you but maybe by attending the meetings you will find ladies that are in the same boat you are and travel for like minded moms...which can maybe lead to knowing more in your area and future collaboration for your own group closer to your neighborhood!

Good Luck!
-Christina

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page