Non-vax friendly ped in QC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2010, 04:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We currently go to Pediatric Group where we are pressured to vax. Anyone know of a non-vax friendly ped/family dr in the QC area? We are trying to get private insurance, but possibly need one that takes medicaid.

SAHM to Matthew Dylan (06.14.07), Cheyenne Nichole (11.11.09), wife to Joe! (11.11.09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2010, 03:57 PM

bearing in mind that we moved away from the QC in 2007, we saw Quad City Family Physicians on Marquette St. Drs. Jason and Rochelle Davis were both great and after an initial conversation did not press the vaccination issue.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitrizmom View Post
bearing in mind that we moved away from the QC in 2007, we saw Quad City Family Physicians on Marquette St. Drs. Jason and Rochelle Davis were both great and after an initial conversation did not press the vaccination issue.
Thank you so much!! We have an appointment in February! =)

SAHM to Matthew Dylan (06.14.07), Cheyenne Nichole (11.11.09), wife to Joe! (11.11.09)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mattchey View Post
Thank you so much!! We have an appointment in February! =)
If you're interested in a second opinion, I went to meet with them this morning and the receptionist and NP were both very rude to me. Here is my experience I posted on another message board. I'm going to try Dr. Omar in Bett who I've heard good things about and also Dr. Gannon in RI. I'll update with our experiences.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwed070707 View Post
If you're interested in a second opinion, I went to meet with them this morning and the receptionist and NP were both very rude to me. Here is my experience I posted on another message board. I'm going to try Dr. Omar in Bett who I've heard good things about and also Dr. Gannon in RI. I'll update with our experiences.
I had a similar experience there. We actually met with the doctor and she was great, but her staff was rude. We ended up going back to the Pediatric Group despite our differences regarding vaccines. I do have 2 other doc names to pass along though: Dr. Renee Lass and Dr. Gary E. Anderson. Both are DOs, but I've not met with either one. Both names were passed along from my chiro. Please let me know if either of you find a great doc!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Taureans View Post
I had a similar experience there. We actually met with the doctor and she was great, but her staff was rude. We ended up going back to the Pediatric Group despite our differences regarding vaccines. I do have 2 other doc names to pass along though: Dr. Renee Lass and Dr. Gary E. Anderson. Both are DOs, but I've not met with either one. Both names were passed along from my chiro. Please let me know if either of you find a great doc!
I'm kind of glad to hear this. I hoped I wasn't being unreasonable to think I should be able to at least meet the doctor before handing over all of our personal information and wasting my time, and theirs entering data for one appointment. In my experience with our last pedi, we spent more time with the NP, which is fine, but only iterates more for me that its equally important to like the staff as it is to like the doctor.

Thanks for the recs - I'll check them out.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM

For those that had problems with the front desk staff, please let the doctors know so they can rectify the situation. They can't change/fix things if they don't know there is a problem.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverwed070707 View Post
I'm kind of glad to hear this. I hoped I wasn't being unreasonable to think I should be able to at least meet the doctor before handing over all of our personal information and wasting my time, and theirs entering data for one appointment. In my experience with our last pedi, we spent more time with the NP, which is fine, but only iterates more for me that its equally important to like the staff as it is to like the doctor.

Thanks for the recs - I'll check them out.
I am so sorry you had a bad experience there! We've been to them a handful of times and everyone was very nice. We do not go in often though and perhaps some of the staff and policies have changed since our last visit??

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and

User Tag List