Toddler play areas in Quad cities - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of any toddler play areas in the Quad Cities area? This winter is so cold and long, and we neeed to get some energy out!

femalesling.GIFmama to my spirited little Will joy.gif10/4/08 and sweet Karlie babygirl.gif 8/22/12.

http://www.beoverjoyed.blogspot.comRainbow.gif

#2 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM

We have a membership at the Rock Island Fitness Center. They have a jungle room that's like a mini jungle bungle. We plan on going swimming this afternoon. I see you live in Davenport, so that might a bit out of you way. You could look into what each of the Y locations have available. As for free or cheap ideas... you could walk around the mall or there's a children's museum in Bettendorf ($6 a person though), the Putnam has a small play area at the end of the exhibits and you could go play at McDonald's or Hapy Joe's pizza on Welcome Way with the jungle bungle. We NEEDED to get the gym membership to get through the winter though. We are outdoorsy people and even with the gym available, we are still having a rough time. We almost moved to Florida even! The job didn't pan out though.
#3 of 9 Old 01-29-2010, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

great! thanks! We did have a free pass to the Y for a bit, but my husband is a student at palmer and we don't have the money for a memebership type thing. I just cant wait for summer!...I know what you mean about needing to get outdoors. thanks, we might go check out the jungle bungle.

femalesling.GIFmama to my spirited little Will joy.gif10/4/08 and sweet Karlie babygirl.gif 8/22/12.

http://www.beoverjoyed.blogspot.comRainbow.gif

#4 of 9 Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 PM

just a thought... the Y does offer scholarships for low income families that makes the cost fairly reasonable. the Bettendorf Y has the splash pad pool that is great for littles.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#5 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Amour View Post
We have a membership at the Rock Island Fitness Center. They have a jungle room that's like a mini jungle bungle. We plan on going swimming this afternoon. I see you live in Davenport, so that might a bit out of you way. You could look into what each of the Y locations have available. As for free or cheap ideas... you could walk around the mall or there's a children's museum in Bettendorf ($6 a person though), the Putnam has a small play area at the end of the exhibits and you could go play at McDonald's or Hapy Joe's pizza on Welcome Way with the jungle bungle. We NEEDED to get the gym membership to get through the winter though. We are outdoorsy people and even with the gym available, we are still having a rough time. We almost moved to Florida even! The job didn't pan out though.

I'm in RI and have been wondering about the RIFAC jungle room. Do you know if that can be accessed with a day pass? I don't want to buy a membership, but it would be nice to let my daughter play in the jungle room. I agree with OP, it's a loooooong winter couped up with an energetic toddler (and a 4 month old)!
#6 of 9 Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM

RIFAC generally doesn't have passes available during the winter due to increased facility usage. That said, if you called them and asked if they would allow for a pass for the jungle room, especially during the day, they might be okay with it. Every time we have used the jungle room on Saturday there has been no more than a couple other kids, if any. The one time we went during a weekday it was empty as well. Their # is 309-732-7432. Passes are $8 for adults and $3 for children under 13. Guests do have to be accompanied by a member though. I would be more than happy to go with you. I have an almost 3 y/o dd who would love to play with someone. PM me if you are interested in going!
#7 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 03:48 PM

For free play we frequent the South Park mall soft play area and the McDonald's on 16th.

We're definitely buying a joint membership to the Family museum and the Niabi though... money well spent, IMO, my kids could play there all day!
#8 of 9 Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 PM

ITA on the Y, we live in Moline, but frequent the Bettendorf Y because their pool is the best & the adults can sit in the hot tub and watch the kids from there. Don't know too much about the toddler play areas as my children are older, but I have one on the way so def will check it out for myself in a year or so.

Mrs. (28) Wife to the Mr. (26) Mama to K (10g) & J (5b). Expecting #3 10/10. Hoping for a HBA2C.
#9 of 9 Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 PM

so excited to read posts from other moms in this area! i am also new to the area and haven't chosen a gym yet so this is all very helpful to read. i need to go check out RIFAC for proximity and the Bett Y for loveliness! a friend swears by the Y in moline because of the child care there (2 hours free/day).

Anne caffix.gif, mama to Theo (Dec 2009), partner to treehugger.gif Laura. intactlact.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page