Natural birth friendly (for twins!) OB in St. Charles or St. Louis, MO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to do two posts in a row but we are relocating to St. Charles/St. Louis, MO while 6 months pregnant with twins and I am rapidly scrambling to try to find new healthcare providers!

I was really hoping to find a homebirth midwife but am coming up with only dead ends. So I'm reluctantly considering a hospital birth and wondered if anyone can recommend a good OB who'd be supportive of natural birth for twins? From reading previous posts, I'm leaning toward MoBap.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Stacy

Mom to son M (11/06), and twin daughters L & A (6/10).

#2 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Stacy, congrats on twins!!! That is so exciting. I know of a hb mw that attended twins of a friend of mine. Have you contacted FOMM? www.friendsofmissourimidwives.org ???

Also, the perinatologists at St Mary's are probably twin friendly. I'm thinking of Dr. Vlastos specifically I had two vbac's at st mary's and very good experiences...no pressure from nurses for anything (very few ve, even though I was yelling and begging for an epi, the nurse talked me out of it) and we coslept afterward etc. My doctor was Dr. Blaskiewicz and he is taking a friend who is vba3c.

Good luck w/ your search for a cp and keep us posted. Oh, and welcome to st louis too!!
#3 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply! I will look into those 2 OBs you mentioned.

Would you be willing to put me in touch with your twin mom friend or pass along my contact info? I have made zero headway with FOMM, despite e-mailing several people listed as contacts. It seems like you need to have a connection, which I don't since I am totally new here. This process has been really stressful!

Mom to son M (11/06), and twin daughters L & A (6/10).

#4 of 7 Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM

I would check out Dr. Wasserman. He delivers at MoBap and is very natural birth friendly. He is a great doctor and I have heard he will deliver breech babies naturally. So I can't imagine why he wouldn't deliever twins.

Chelsey Married to my Wonderful Husband Devin: Mama to James 9.7.08wild.gif , Joy 5.19.10 energy.gifTitus 3.37.12 biggrinbounce.gif10/07angel.gif  Macy dog2.gif : Expecting #4 belly.gif in August
#5 of 7 Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 AM

I recently moved to the area too and I am seeing Dr. Forseter and will be delivering at Missouri Baptist. He is caring, takes a lot time with you and is very natural and respectful towards your birth plan. I am not pregnant with twins so I don't know his views on that but he has a very natural approach. I research a lot doctors before deciding on him and I am so far very pleased.
#6 of 7 Old 03-15-2010, 02:15 PM

I very highly second Dr Gary Wasserman. Sweetest, kindest person, totally supportive of natural birth. He delivered my baby at MoBap (naturally). love him!
#7 of 7 Old 03-15-2010, 04:29 PM

I used Dr. Jacqueline Turner for both my girls. I REALLY wanted a natural birth for DD2 and got it with loads of support from her. I labored at home and gave birth 1/2 hour after arrived at Barnes without even getting an IV! In HER opinion, natural birth is more likely at Barnes than MoBap (those were my two choices). But I've heard good things about MoBap too. Good luck and welcome!

Christina, proud mama of 2 strong, brilliant, creative, kind, beautiful girls from A to Z. Wife of 11 years to best friend and awesome papa, Brian. :::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page