Central Illinois HOmebirth - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is there anyone around that has had a home birth in Central Illinois. I am from the Springfield area. I am due in October and don't know anyone in "real life" that has had a home birth around here. I do know people that have had homebirths, but their children are all like 25+ years old.

I am completely comfortable with doing this at home. It would just be nice to meet a like minded person who doesn't think that I am silly for doing this. And I just have a few little things floating around in my head. Pediatricians, how to deal with the possibility of transferring. How they treat you if you do have to transfer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2010, 01:24 AM

There are a handful of moms in the Peoria area who have had homebirths. We would really like to have our third child at home.

Hope that at least gives you some encouragement.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jakob 10/12/2005...He thinks he's
Mollie 12/8/2008....Pure sweetness
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Hi there!

I personally don't know of any home birth midwives in central Illinois but, I do know that you may try searching the local Amish, Mennonite, etc. communities for one that does do home births. The only home birth midwives I have found were in the Chicago area. I hope that helps some and you get the birth experience you deserve.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

I actually have a wonderful HB midwife that I really like and trust. I was wanting to meet/talk with people that are local about doing this at home.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:08 AM

Try the Central Illinois Babywearing group on Yahoo. They're mostly based in Springfield.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:23 PM

I don't know a whole lot about Springfield but I've lived there briefly and I visit there once a month. We have lots of homebirthers in Bloomington. The babywearing group is probably a good place to ask around.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
Old 06-26-2010, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. I will look into that.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:00 PM

thank you for starting this thread! i am moving to the decatur/springfield area soon am also looking for a MW, at the very least a crunchy friendly OB. best wishes!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Let me know when you are moving this way. Are you expecting or TCC? My chiropractor knows of a OB/GYN that will not "do" a homebirth but will be there if you have to transfer. He will look the other way. So that sounds pretty crunchy to me. And I love the midwives that I found.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabithaB View Post
Let me know when you are moving this way. Are you expecting or TCC? My chiropractor knows of a OB/GYN that will not "do" a homebirth but will be there if you have to transfer. He will look the other way. So that sounds pretty crunchy to me. And I love the midwives that I found.

we are moving this weekend actually, and i am about 12 weeks i think. i have been looking around at doulas in the area, i had one when DS was born 2years ago and it was a great experience, but i really am interested in a home waterbirth with a MW. oi! so much to think about in the middle of a move! i guess the first step is finding an OB i'm comfortable with in the [probable] event the homebirth doesn't work out as i do have a medical condition.... can you send me any info you may have about OB's and MW's in the area? i would be ever so grateful!! thank you so much
Old 07-14-2010, 12:20 AM

Hi there, I just wanted to say that I have had a homebirth in the central IL area, but I did not have a midwife. I had an unassisted pregnancy and unassisted birth (by choice, though I know some do in IL because their only options are UC or hospital Csection, which really were my only options too. :-/

Anyway, I live in Lincoln, IL which is right in the middle between Decatur, Springfield, and Bloomington. I'm not on MDC a whole lot, but if you ever want to contact me my email is [email protected]
Old 11-19-2010, 08:35 AM

I live in Clinton, and would love to do a HB too. I'd like to know more about this OB/GYN though... Currently, I have to drive all the way up to Pekin for my CNM there who didn't really do everything I wanted in my first hospital birth. :( Thanks! Jennifer

User Tag List