Family Practice Dr. in Northern Il - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-08-2010, 02:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a good family practice doctor in northern Illinois! My baby is due in 6 weeks and I don't have a doctor!!! Was looking into Home First, but they seem to be having some issues.... I'm looking for someone who is supportive of both natural/holistic meds, AND modern/manufactured meds. I want someone who is willing to do SOME vaccinations, but not All. My sisters dr. won't do ANY vaccinations.... and he only give natural meds... I want the best of both worlds I guess. Hope that's not to picky.

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#2 of 13 Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 PM

Not a family practice but AWESOME pediatrician. His mane is Dr. Chad Olsen at Milllenium Pediatrics in Naperville. I'm not sure about the other doctors in the practice but Dr. Olsen is exactly like what you described you wanted. Good Luck!

Jessica mama to 2 boys 6/07 & 2/09
cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
#3 of 13 Old 08-08-2010, 11:52 PM

Dr. Elvove is an excellent doctor. We love him. He's located in Libertyville, does no vax, some vax and all vax... he's a family practitioner that used to attend homebirths but recently stopped delivering babies altogether. Anyway.. I absolutely love him, he's the perfect doctor for my family and our views.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#4 of 13 Old 08-09-2010, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We went to Dr. Elvove, too, and loved him. He's great and very good with the kids. The whole office is very very nice.

We found a ped locally (Algonquin- not far from us) that is OKAY with my ideas about vaccinations, but I would not say supportive.

That said, would you mind emailing the info about your sister's doctor to me? I am very interested in a doctor who would not be interested in meds at all... sounds like what I am looking for for myself. Thanks!

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#5 of 13 Old 08-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post

That said, would you mind emailing the info about your sister's doctor to me? I am very interested in a doctor who would not be interested in meds at all... sounds like what I am looking for for myself. Thanks!
I would love that info too if you wouldn't mind sharing

Jessica mama to 2 boys 6/07 & 2/09
cautiously expecting to meet someone new in April...if you know me IRL please don't out me yet! It's still a secret!
#6 of 13 Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Here is the info, I don't know a TON about him. She loves what he thinks but says it takes FOREVER to get an appointment.

Reilly, Michael MD - Holistic & Family Medicine
(847) 516-4400

He is located in Fox River Grove

Glad to hear there is a Dr. in Libertyville! That is much closer than a lot of the others I've heard of. I'm in McHenry.

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#7 of 13 Old 08-11-2010, 01:15 AM

Jennifer Schenning in South Elgin is pretty awesome, she has 3 kids, cosleeps, is still nursing the 3 yr old, etc.

She is a DO, and asks (very gently) if we want any vax, adn doesn't blink an eye when I say no. She was very supportive of us having regular chiro visits, and suggested other natural remedies for something I asked about, but was also willing to write rx as needed.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#8 of 13 Old 08-11-2010, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8boarder15 View Post
Here is the info, I don't know a TON about him. She loves what he thinks but says it takes FOREVER to get an appointment.

Reilly, Michael MD - Holistic & Family Medicine
(847) 516-4400

He is located in Fox River Grove

Glad to hear there is a Dr. in Libertyville! That is much closer than a lot of the others I've heard of. I'm in McHenry.
Dr. Elvove and staff will have a consult with you, if you call and schedule one. They are awesome. I really can't praise them enough. Here's the phone number in case you were wondering, I don't have the address sitting here though.

(847)362-1367

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#9 of 13 Old 08-12-2010, 01:04 AM

Fred Ettner in Evanston rocks. He's always been supportive of everything we do. Link: http://www.northshore.org/apps/finda....aspx?pid=7474

That's a link to North Shore Hospital in Evanston. He's also affiliated with St Francis, although their website via Resurrection Healthcare is down at the moment -- it's being taken over by new management, so I'm not sure what it's called right now.

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

#10 of 13 Old 08-16-2010, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, I knew about Dr. Reilly but did not know he didn't do any vax! Wow. Very interesting.

If you want the name of our ped, who will gladly do some vax but not all (he'll be very HAPPY that you want to do some...) PM me and I'll give it to you. He's close enough to you that it might be worth it.

Dr. Elvove is more along the lines of what you were originally looking for, though. He is very laid back and will do some vax, no vax, or all of them. And he does not jump to medicate if there is not a reason.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#11 of 13 Old 06-21-2011, 11:01 PM

I am not really happy with  Dr.Evolve. The office ia ALWAYS full of patients, long waiting.As for the Dr., he likes to prescribe antibiotics without going further.....

Going to change dr.....

#12 of 13 Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Dr. Federici in Genoa, but that might be too far west for you. She is amazing. Pro-HB, doesn't push vax, pro-bf, etc.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#13 of 13 Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 AM

I'll jump in for Dr. Elvove.  He and his staff is awesome.   We just moved and miss him a ton.  I only had to wait a long time once or twice in five years.   I always got a call back, timely appointments, accurate bills, super friendly staff.  I was never in the office when it was over crowded.  I had my first child with him in the hospital, and then took all three kids to him as our primary, as well as my husband and myself.  

I tried homefirst, but couldn't deal with them at all.  Dr. Rosi was way too creepy for my tastes and did a physical that crossed the line.  I will never recommend them to anyone.   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page