Physicals, Lead Test, Dental Screening...oh my - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My kids arnt vaxed and I already have all my vaccine exeptions. Im in Iowa and have also found the dental exemption but was wondering if there is a Lead test exemption and something for a physical as well. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytinandAvarysMom View Post
My kids arnt vaxed and I already have all my vaccine exeptions. Im in Iowa and have also found the dental exemption but was wondering if there is a Lead test exemption and something for a physical as well. thanks!
here is the lead test exemption http://www.idph.state.ia.us/eh/commo.../exemption.pdf

here is the dental http://www.idph.state.ia.us/hpcdp/co..._exemption.pdf

not sure about the physical

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Wow, do they require this stuff for school? In my state all I had to do was sign the vax exemption form (we do selectively vaccinate, but didn't at the time so I just exempted for everything). I don't remember anything about a dental exam, physical, and definitely nothing about a lead screen.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#4 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
Wow, do they require this stuff for school? In my state all I had to do was sign the vax exemption form (we do selectively vaccinate, but didn't at the time so I just exempted for everything). I don't remember anything about a dental exam, physical, and definitely nothing about a lead screen.
all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. Beyond that only certain states have laws in place. You can check here http://www.waivedleadcare.com/check-...uirements.html

Ive never heard of a dental screening law!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. Beyond that only certain states have laws in place. You can check here http://www.waivedleadcare.com/check-...uirements.html

Ive never heard of a dental screening law!
Actually, not all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. I'm not quite sure why that website says they all do..because it's not required (in my state) to get coverage at all. Maybe they mean health care providers are required to offer it? My children have been on Medicaid since day one and never did they require anything except for income verification to make sure they qualified. No vaccine information, no dental screening, nothing. My kids haven't had any blood tests save the PKU, one CBC and a few hemoglobin screens.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

#6 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Since this isn't about vaccinations, I'm moving it to your tribal area for more local info.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page