Physicals, Lead Test, Dental Screening...oh my - Mothering Forums

 
Thread Tools
#1 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
PaytinandAvarysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My kids arnt vaxed and I already have all my vaccine exeptions. Im in Iowa and have also found the dental exemption but was wondering if there is a Lead test exemption and something for a physical as well. thanks!
PaytinandAvarysMom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 02:45 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaytinandAvarysMom View Post
My kids arnt vaxed and I already have all my vaccine exeptions. Im in Iowa and have also found the dental exemption but was wondering if there is a Lead test exemption and something for a physical as well. thanks!
here is the lead test exemption http://www.idph.state.ia.us/eh/commo.../exemption.pdf

here is the dental http://www.idph.state.ia.us/hpcdp/co..._exemption.pdf

not sure about the physical

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#3 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
 
angelpie545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near water, with a refreshing rain
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, do they require this stuff for school? In my state all I had to do was sign the vax exemption form (we do selectively vaccinate, but didn't at the time so I just exempted for everything). I don't remember anything about a dental exam, physical, and definitely nothing about a lead screen.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

angelpie545 is offline  
#4 of 6 Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
 
Marnica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelpie545 View Post
Wow, do they require this stuff for school? In my state all I had to do was sign the vax exemption form (we do selectively vaccinate, but didn't at the time so I just exempted for everything). I don't remember anything about a dental exam, physical, and definitely nothing about a lead screen.
all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. Beyond that only certain states have laws in place. You can check here http://www.waivedleadcare.com/check-...uirements.html

Ive never heard of a dental screening law!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Marnica is offline  
#5 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 03:13 AM
 
angelpie545's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Near water, with a refreshing rain
Posts: 6,466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. Beyond that only certain states have laws in place. You can check here http://www.waivedleadcare.com/check-...uirements.html

Ive never heard of a dental screening law!
Actually, not all states require lead testing for kids on medicaid. I'm not quite sure why that website says they all do..because it's not required (in my state) to get coverage at all. Maybe they mean health care providers are required to offer it? My children have been on Medicaid since day one and never did they require anything except for income verification to make sure they qualified. No vaccine information, no dental screening, nothing. My kids haven't had any blood tests save the PKU, one CBC and a few hemoglobin screens.

Bethany, crunchy Christian mom to Destiny (11) Deanna (9), and Ethan (2)

angelpie545 is offline  
#6 of 6 Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
 
Mosaic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: La vida loca
Posts: 3,945
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since this isn't about vaccinations, I'm moving it to your tribal area for more local info.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Mosaic is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off