MOBERLY, MO vbac mw and/or ob recommendations - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-19-2010, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,
I'm looking for a vbac friendly mw (pref) and/or ob that might attend a homebirth. Personal experiences preferred, but friend-of-a-friend recommendations okay too. Even though mws are legal in MO now, I've only been able to find around 3 actual mws, 1 mw in training, and a few doulas. I had a horrible experience with my first child at Boone in CoMo (an unnecessary c-section for "failure to progress", I HATE that phrase) and don't think I have the ability to go to a hospital ever again, unless it was an emergency... So any help would be appreciated! We live in Moberly, MO, but could travel if the fit is right. Thank you for any help you can give!

~Caityzmom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-25-2010, 05:06 PM

Have you checked out the birth center in Columbia?

Might want to check this lady out. She lets you do water birth but in hospital but she may know other resources.

http://www.cchfulton.com/staff/bio.php?doc_id=40850

Also Moberly Hospital has a midwive now.
#3 of 6 Old 09-26-2010, 09:55 AM

As far as I know, the Columbia Birth Center has closed.
#4 of 6 Old 09-28-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

The Columbia Birth Center did close last year. The midwives that worked there opened up a practice, but they charge $4,000.00; we can't do that, we live on only one full-time income and one barely part-time income because my husband is our primary care-giver for our daughter. And MRMC doesn't have a midwife anymore. Their website says they do, but they don't. Slightly disappointing as an advertisement... :/ Thanks for the Fulton Hospital info, had just heard about that one from another person recently too! My problem is that I had a very traumatic experience with my daughter and I frankly don't think I have the ability to do a hospital birth this time. My first OB appointment went poorly too, so I just don't think a medical "professional" is going to be what works for me this time. Thanks for the ideas though!
#5 of 6 Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Well sorry I was no help. they had a midwife on staff when we called I dunno a little over a year ago.
#6 of 6 Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM

try contacting Friends of Missouri Midwives. http://www.friendsofmomidwives.org/

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page