10/4/10 Race to Nowhere documentary screening in the w'burbs of chicago - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just letting folks know that there will be a one night screening of the documentary "Race to Nowhere" on Mon. Oct 4th at 7pm at the McAninch Arts Center at the College Of DuPage in Glen Ellyn.

For those unfamiliar with the film, it examines the high-pressure, memorize everything at the expense of true learning, testing-centric culture that our schools have moved toward and the impact that it has on our children's present and futures.

A hosted discussion will follow the screening.

To view the trailer, prepurchase tickets (cheaper in advance), and for other details, look here

ETA: Please invite parents, educators, administrators, counselors, students, and others you know who might be motivated to work toward change (in large or small ways; personally or more globally) to come and see the film.

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumping because there are also screenings tonight in Glencoe and Chicago and next week in Oak Park (10/2) Glen Ellyn (10/4) and Peoria (10/8) Check the RTN screening page for details/ticket links

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page