Toddler soccer teams in Saint Louis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone! Are there any soccer teams or t-ball teams for children as young as 3 in Saint Louis? Am I nuts for wanting my daughter to play sports at her age? My daughter is interested in playing b-ball (baseball) and soccer, and I want her to engage in activities outside the house.

What kinds of activities do you Saint Louis moms do with your toddlers in Saint Louis? I mean, besides the usual attractions like the zoo and the Magic House, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 10-05-2010, 12:51 AM

I think there are. I don't think it's nuts at all. My babysitter takes her 3 yo to a soccer class around Crestwood. I'm not sure about teams, but there are probably classes. We do a lot of classes through our community center.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#3 of 6 Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM

I'm pretty sure that Olivette has teams for three year-olds. My daughter's class at school last year (ages 3-4) organized a soccer team for kids from school through Olivette. We didn't participate, but I hear great things about their programs. Since you're close by in Creve Coeur, it might be worth checking out.
#4 of 6 Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 AM

You're not crazy, I want my almost 4 y/o in soccer or t-ball too (she's so ready to start learning the basics)

Thanks everyone, I'm going to look into the suggestions... keep 'em coming!

tree-huggin', outdoor lovin' paleo-eatin', crossfittin', homebirthin', placenta eatin', doula, wife and mom to 2 girls (06 & 08)

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 3rdtri.gif * * 40 * *

#5 of 6 Old 10-10-2010, 11:46 PM

Vetta Sports does instructional soccer at that age. My boys have both done it and LOVE it.

I have not tried team sports at that age, but maybe the Y? We did 4 year old soccer at the Y.

Mom to a 6 year old, a 3 year old, and a cuddly little newborn
#6 of 6 Old 10-14-2010, 11:11 AM

Vetta is great but there is also Chesterfield Athletic Association that offers t-ball and soccer at the toddler age on up. We plan on getting our 4.5yo involved next summer.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page