AP mommas in Chicago? (Northside) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-07-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Alright, I'm sure it's been asked before, but i can't seem to find any answers.... Do ya'll know of any AP momma groups in Chicago? Specifically on the north side... I live in Roscoe Village. I love my mom friends but they are all really mainstream and I am getting desperate to meet some women who parent like I do. I have a five month old babe. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Rach

I'm Rach, full-time mama and part-time doula.  I love my city life with Mr. J stillheart.gif, Little J diaper.gif (05/03/10), and brand new Baby V love.gif (02/11/13)!

#2 of 15 Old 10-07-2010, 10:53 AM

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APChicagoNorth/

also stop in at bebybaby and get their schedule, there are a few groups who meet there where you could make connections.

Also, http://www.lalecheleaguelincolnpark.org/

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#3 of 15 Old 10-07-2010, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lisa! I joined the Yahoo group, and I've looked into the Be By Baby group but I think you have to pay to be a part of that. I appreciate the response!

I'm Rach, full-time mama and part-time doula.  I love my city life with Mr. J stillheart.gif, Little J diaper.gif (05/03/10), and brand new Baby V love.gif (02/11/13)!

#4 of 15 Old 10-17-2010, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Thanks for asking this & for the reply. Not only are all but 1 of my friends mainstream (and the one is in Antioch), I also work full time in the loop surrounded by mainstream-ness. Gonna check these ot!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#5 of 15 Old 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM

I live just down the street from Roscoe Village. I am an AP mom of 2 with one on the way! There is a homebirth meet-up group every month and a few other groups around the city, though I am rarely organized enough to get to them. Most of my friends think I am kind of strange for my "alternative" parenting and birthing philosophies, but I just do what is in my heart
PM me if you want to talk!

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#6 of 15 Old 11-04-2010, 12:24 PM

Hi, we recently moved to the Roscoe Village/ Hamlin Park area from further north. I like to check out events in the Chicago Mama Collective meetup group, it's a cool one, tho quite large. So far it seems like a great neighborhood for tots, and we love the park on Belmont & Damen.
#7 of 15 Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 AM

There's also a Homebirth meetup group at Bloom Yoga Studio. You don't have to have had a homebirth to attend. It's just a nice way to meet AP parents.
#8 of 15 Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 AM

They alternate the site for the Homebirth Meetup now - sometimes its at Bloom, sometimes at Hip Circle Studio in Evanston and sometimes at Be By Baby. It has gained popularity over the years and now you have to sign up right away because they almost always meet capacity and have to generate a waiting list - so if you want to go, get in early !! I love the meeting and go whenever I can.

We should start our own AP group - anyone interested?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#9 of 15 Old 11-07-2010, 04:49 PM

Hi! I'm further up north than you guys, but would love to be a part of a small AP group (and am willing to travel to get to it!). I attend one other support group, but it's very mainstream.

Also, we're kind of young, and don't have a lot of friends who are parents, so I would love love love to have a small-ish setting in which to meet some more mamas.

Anyways, count me in, pm me, etc. . . .

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#10 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphel View Post
Hi! I'm further up north than you guys, but would love to be a part of a small AP group (and am willing to travel to get to it!). I attend one other support group, but it's very mainstream.

Also, we're kind of young, and don't have a lot of friends who are parents, so I would love love love to have a small-ish setting in which to meet some more mamas.

Anyways, count me in, pm me, etc. . . .
I'm kind of young also, I'm 20 and so is my DH. So if anyone's organizing anything feel free to PM me too!!

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#11 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCityMom View Post
I'm kind of young also, I'm 20 and so is my DH. So if anyone's organizing anything feel free to PM me too!!
Super interested! I'll PM everyone who mentioned their interest (I'm 22, so also a young'un).

#12 of 15 Old 11-08-2010, 03:06 PM

Yay

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#13 of 15 Old 12-02-2010, 02:24 AM

Hi There,

I'm about to move to Evanston and would definitely be interested in an AP group in the area!  My son is almost one, and I'm 29.  I'd be happy to host as well, once we're settled in...

--Kate

#14 of 15 Old 12-03-2010, 01:58 PM

I just saw this thread - count me in! We live in Logan Square, my son is 8.5 mo old...I'd love to hang out with other AP mamas. It would be a breath of fresh air!

#15 of 15 Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Hey krjt and skfmama, we have started a mothering.com AP Chicago group!  We meet every Monday morning in the Old Irving Park area.  Please PM me or tracymom1 for more information, and include your 'hood and kiddo's ages! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page