Roll Call - Greater St. Louis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2010, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've met a few fabulous AP moms/families but I *know* there must be more!

I'm Sally, momma to L (4) and K (20 months).  We moved to StL just over a year ago from centrail IL (shoutout to Peoria!).  This summer we moved from South County up and over to West County.  L is my "high needs" child, and K is the polar opposite. ;)  I'm currently a "SAHM" but next month will be returning to school part-time (and L will be attending preschool... eep!)

After spending the past year getting settled, I'm going to be starting the API leadership training and helping the local chapter have some regular meetings (I've lost the subforum rules with the forum re-org, can I announce meetings here?)

(Anyone in West County up for playdates? Even on weekends... DH is an introvert so easiest way for him to get his "balance time" is for us to leave the house, lol!)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2010, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter

bump?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 AM

St. Louis Hills here. DP and I are just in the beginning phases of TTC (charting, learning, sifting through donors, reading!), looking to go with donor insem in the summer, but I figured I'd say hi! I'm definitely looking for some family friendly-like minded friends in the area, as we've only been here about a year and most people in our current social circle are not interested in creating a family any time soon. So we feel kinda lonely in this!

Old 12-16-2010, 10:52 AM

We're living in Fenton, after recently moving from The Hill. LO is 9 months. Sally, what is API?

Finding like-minded mommas makes me happy!

Anyone else?

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 PM

oops, I thought I already replied to this!

I live in Affton...SAHM to a three year old boy and 5 year old (on tuesday) girl.

API is attachment parenting international

I know there are a lot of other STL mamas here...I have met them lol

Come out come out wherever you are!

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 12-16-2010, 09:33 PM

We're hoping to move from NYC to STL (where I grew up) as soon as DH can find a job there. I'll be lurking to see who's around!  I didn't realize there was an API chapter in St. Louis, how cool!  I met a lot of my best mom friends through the chapter here.  smile.gif

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
Old 12-16-2010, 10:47 PM

joy.gif 

I'm in North County.  I stay home with my sons, 5 and 21 months.  Can't always make API meetings, but love the mamas I've met through the playgroup.  Always up for meeting new ap families!

A + B = B nut.gif (10/05) & C joy.gif (03/09) 
Old 12-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I am in South City near Tower Grove Park. I have a 2 year old daughter and I babysit several preschoolers in my home. I usually attend any play dates in the city that we can get to but rarely leave the city since we use the bus and Metrolink for transportation.

Jenn- Geeky momma to one fabulous Tiny Diva (10/27/08)
Old 12-25-2010, 05:47 PM

After 18 months on the road full-time, this family of seven has settled down in the St. Louis area (Cahokia).  I am a stay at home AP, homeschooling mom of 5:  8, 6, 4, 3 & 1.  I'd love to meet other mom's in the area.  Nice to meet you!

Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Dar

I just saw this! We're a bit past the playdate phase, but Rain and I are here in Dogtown. :)

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM

I'm in University City, but working full-time. I have a 7 yo and a 9 month old.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:18 AM

I am in Maryland Heights.  Not quite North County but not West county either!!  Think 270 and 70.  I am a sahm w/3 boys.  My oldest is 5 and we are homeschooling and the twins turn 2 in one week!

Lynn, wife to Jason  SAHM to Nate, Riley and Jon
Old 12-30-2010, 12:35 PM

We just moved to St. Louis from Utah YESTERDAY! I am a married Momma whose husband had to stay in Utah for work. We have a 7 year old daughter who is deaf (that's why we moved here!) We are living just south of the hospitals (Children's and Barnes Jewish).

Old 12-30-2010, 02:13 PM

fairejour--welcome here!  Find your way to Kangaroo Kids sometime, on Tuesdays.

Dar--your post made me smile--also a single unschooling mom here...my 'baby' is 12, but I too have one born in Jan of 93.  We will soon have 18yr olds--seems like a such a big deal to me (but then, it was the year I myself declared freedom and moved out of my parents' house).

Old 12-30-2010, 02:38 PM

Welcome to STL fairejour!

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'll bump this up with a little intro. :)

I'm Michelle, we live on the IL side, but about 30 mins from St. Louis. My husband is in the Air Force and we've been here for about a year and a half now. We are originally from Missouri though, so we're having fun being close to home! 

We have a daughter who will be 7 soon, a son who is about 4 1/2, we lost DS2 when I was 16 weeks pregnant last July, and we're expecting again in July 2011. :)

I'm a stay-at-home-mom and we homeschool. 

Michelle SAHM to K (3/2004)  H (8/2006) P (7/2011) & we're missing Finley Jonas born still, July 27, 2010 

Old 02-27-2011, 02:33 PM

Shrewsbury area checking in. 

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

Old 04-07-2011, 04:19 PM

We live in Soulard, and I'm still fairly new to STL. I moved here last August, but DP has been here since 2001. My little man isn't quite at the play date stage yet - he'll be four weeks old tomorrow.

I'd definitely like to meet more STL moms though!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:54 PM

I'm in the Arnold/Imperial/Fenton area (north Jefferson County), and I grew up here, and have lived here all my life except a few years when I was married to my ex.  I have 6 kids, 2 with my ex and 4 with my dh, ages 12, 8 and 11/12ths ;)  5, 4, 2, and 8 months.  Now that the weather is getting nicer again, it would be fun to meet more local families and make some friends...I have a hard time making mom-friends, and seems like whenever I do...they move to another state shortly thereafter! lol

Robynne

Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM

I'm in Crestwood with my 3 girls, ages (soon to be) 12, 7, and (soon to be) 4.

Robynne - I also have a hard time making mama friends.  We should hang out, I'd love to move to another state. winky.gif

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 AM

Hey all!

I am Arkay, and I live in Webster Groves with my husband and three daughters, ages 11(in june) 8, and 4(in june). We cohouse with our friend and her 15 month old daughter. I just got a car after not having one for two years, so I am finding my groove to go places and do things again-I was recently diagnosed with Migraine disease, and I like to avoid loud places like the City Museum as it is too triggering for me-My kids are so high energy that I prefer to go to parks so they can use their bodies and imagination & I don't get overstimulated.

We would also like to start having art playdates and maybe some gardening/mudparty playdates here soon!

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
Old 04-18-2011, 10:12 PM

Hi!  I live in St. Charles County, but am just right across the Missouri River in Weldon Spring.  We just moved here from Chicago a year ago and had our twins shortly afterwards so I haven't had the time to meet many people yet.  The girls are coming up on a year and I'm finally ready to come out of hibernation and meet some other moms!  I also have a 4 year old that I'm homeschooling.

Mom to son M (11/06), and twin daughters L & A (6/10).

Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM

We're in the Wildwood area. 2 boys - ages 2 and 7 months. We're always up for playdates and outside fun time :)

Mama to two sweet boys - 4/09 and 9/10
I encapsulated my placenta - feel free to ask any questions about it!
Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 AM

I am in West County--Ellisville.  My oldest boy is 4 and also have a 7 month old boy. I'm a work from home mom. We would love to meet more like minded AP families. Let me know if you wanna meet up with the kiddos at one of the local parks.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:16 AM

We live in Kirkwood. I'm very shy myself, but my almost 2 year old son seems to at the point where he's starting to crave interaction with other kids his age. Our big challenge is his long list of allergies, including some (like dairy) where he'll break out in hives if someone touches him with a milky hand or something. We'd be interested in non-food activities with other toddlers.

Mom to one happy Senorcito (06/09) ... allergic to wheat, nuts, dairy, eggs, sesame, peas and soy.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Would anyone be up for a weekday playdate sometime next week (the week of May 16th)?  I was thinking it might be fun to meet at the playground at Faust Park if that would work for others.  Here is some info about the park:  http://ww5.stlouisco.com/parks/faust_home.html

Let me know if anyone is interested/available!

Stacy

Old 05-10-2011, 02:33 PM

We could do W or Th next week, Faust Park is nice!

Old 05-10-2011, 03:33 PM

I could probably do W or Th next week too

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 05-10-2011, 09:45 PM

Wednesday next week would work great for us... how is mid-morning, maybe around 10:30 or 11? 

Looking forward to meeting some other mamas and kiddos!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:24 AM

11 is the earliest I could do...probably closer to 11:30 or maybe even 12

User Tag List