Looking for a natural-minded family practice physician in Chicago - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-12-2011, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Looking for a new doctor for myself and my husband in Chicago (we live on the NW side) after many years at Homefirst. I really want to have my regular gyne care done by a woman, and that is no longer possible there. And homebirth is really what kept us there, and they no longer do births. I found ped Dr. Minkus to switch my kids to after all kinds of on-line searching and am very excited. But I am having trouble finding info about a good doc for the adults of the family. Also, need to find someone who takes BCBS HMO. Would love to find someone that is alternative medicine-minded. Would love to find a practice with women. I have a couple of midwife practices in mind for my OB care--West Suburban and the practice out of Northwest Comm Hospital--but then I would have to find a doc in the same "site" for my primary care provider. All very confusing, but well worth trying to work within the HMO because the insurance is so affordable. Any suggestions would be most welcome!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-14-2011, 07:34 PM

He doesn't do obgyn anymore but dr. Evolve in libertyville is great. He has a female physicians assistant. Our whole family goes to him I know he takes bcbs ppo...

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#3 of 8 Old 01-15-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll look into him.

#4 of 8 Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM

Check out Home First - I believe they have a location in Glenview (not sure how far you are from there.)  I see Dr. Chapman.

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#5 of 8 Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 PM

We had an unfortunate experience with Homefirst, so I am looking for other holistic or at least complementary pediatricians or family care docs in the west or south burbs.  Anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS!

#6 of 8 Old 01-21-2011, 11:15 AM

This is the website for Dr. Elvove in case any one is interested! http://www.elvovemd.com/

- Mom to Baby Mark (9/18/10) and 4 wonderful dogs!
#7 of 8 Old 01-26-2011, 12:14 PM

I am a bit late in responding, but I wanted to highly recommend my family practice doctor, Dr. Amy Weiler, D.O. I have sent my daughter to Dr. Minkus since she was a toddler, but since she is a preteen and going through puberty now, I feel she would be more comfortable with a female so we are switching to Dr. Weiler. She is my doctor, at both her previous practice and again now that she is off maternity leave and has opened a new practice, and I have never met a more hands on, engaging practitioner.  I cannot say enough great things about her, and I am extremely picky when it comes to my medical care.

http://www.dramyweiler.com/

Mama to A born 8/7/99
#8 of 8 Old 06-21-2011, 10:48 PM

I am not really happy with  Dr.Evolve. The office ia ALWAYS full of patients, long waiting.As for the Dr., he likes to prescribe antibiotics without going further.....

Going to change dr.....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page