AP-minded home daycare in Chicago's west burbs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm looking for a home daycare for my 22mo, just for 4 days per week, 3.5 hours each day.  I'd love to find a provider with some common childcare philosophy to ours.  Please let me know if you know of one, or if you are a provider. Thanks!

#2 of 9 Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Did you find anything? Where are you located?

#3 of 9 Old 04-04-2011, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Beginning this week we're trying a home daycare in Naperville, IL--about 15 minutes from us (we live in Wheaton.)  The woman who runs it seems very respectful and empathetic with children and mentioned to me that she co-slept with and nursed her own daughter for a long time. There are only 4 children there, and of varying ages, which I like. She has a huge backyard and lots of play equipment so I think they'll get a lot of outside playtime during the summer. My son is supposed to begin going on Thursday, but it'll be a trial period.  If you are interested, I can give you more info off-list.  Did you have any other suggestions? 

#4 of 9 Old 06-08-2011, 03:30 PM

I have been fishing around the web looking for the exact same thing- I'm in Plainfield. How do you like the day care provider now that it's been a month+? Does she have room for one more? What's the closest major intersection to her (so I can get a general feel for where she's located)? Can you tell me some more about her now that you know her and the situation a little better? Many thanks!

#5 of 9 Old 06-11-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Just sent you a PM.  FYI, for anybody who is looking, I've found three AP-minded home daycares in the west suburbs.  

#6 of 9 Old 06-12-2011, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm actually going to be doing some in-home care, but not until after Labor Day weekend (Wednesday of that week forward).  We're very AP/crunchy and eat around multiple allergens (but are not nut-free).  I like the kids outside, but not when it's REALLY cold (some of the centers send them out based on temp vs. logic).  I have a dd that will be 3yo in Nov. and a 7yo ds that we homeschool (and thus, I'm only doing part-time care--half days and max of 4/week).  We have a lot of Montessori-ish toys and the littles are incorporated into daily life, so they learn how to set the table and clear it, etc. (but not in a "you must do this!" way).  If you know someone that just needs a couple of mornings out (or afternoons) starting in the fall, please pm me!

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#7 of 9 Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 PM

We are in the Joliet/Shorewood area and I was looking to care for one or two children.  We are a very gentle discipline, education-minded family that loves to spend time together.  Our home is close to parks and running trails as well as other child orientated activities.  I have nanny experience and would love to open our home to a family or two with the same parenting philosophy. If you want more information please PM me! 

#8 of 9 Old 08-06-2011, 10:28 AM

I am currently a SAHM with two kids. I am willing to open my home to care for infants and children. We eat a healthy diet, no food additives, preservatives, organic eggs and milk. Willing to work with different diets. I practice GD, AP, do baby wearing for little ones. There is no TV and I live near several parks to have the kids outside as much has possible. I live near a nature center I take them to weekly. Located on the NW side of Chicago, a couple miles east of  Peterson/I-94.

#9 of 9 Old 05-03-2012, 11:17 PM

I have a home day care in the north suburbs and would love to have AP families.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page