Mothering Forum banner

AP-minded home daycare in Chicago's west burbs?

932 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  maya's mommy 
#1 ·
This may be a shot in the dark, but I'm looking for a home daycare for my 22mo, just for 4 days per week, 3.5 hours each day. I'd love to find a provider with some common childcare philosophy to ours. Please let me know if you know of one, or if you are a provider. Thanks!

#3 ·
Beginning this week we're trying a home daycare in Naperville, IL--about 15 minutes from us (we live in Wheaton.) The woman who runs it seems very respectful and empathetic with children and mentioned to me that she co-slept with and nursed her own daughter for a long time. There are only 4 children there, and of varying ages, which I like. She has a huge backyard and lots of play equipment so I think they'll get a lot of outside playtime during the summer. My son is supposed to begin going on Thursday, but it'll be a trial period. If you are interested, I can give you more info off-list. Did you have any other suggestions?

#4 ·
I have been fishing around the web looking for the exact same thing- I'm in Plainfield. How do you like the day care provider now that it's been a month+? Does she have room for one more? What's the closest major intersection to her (so I can get a general feel for where she's located)? Can you tell me some more about her now that you know her and the situation a little better? Many thanks!

#6 ·
I'm actually going to be doing some in-home care, but not until after Labor Day weekend (Wednesday of that week forward). We're very AP/crunchy and eat around multiple allergens (but are not nut-free). I like the kids outside, but not when it's REALLY cold (some of the centers send them out based on temp vs. logic). I have a dd that will be 3yo in Nov. and a 7yo ds that we homeschool (and thus, I'm only doing part-time care--half days and max of 4/week). We have a lot of Montessori-ish toys and the littles are incorporated into daily life, so they learn how to set the table and clear it, etc. (but not in a "you must do this!" way). If you know someone that just needs a couple of mornings out (or afternoons) starting in the fall, please pm me!

#7 ·
We are in the Joliet/Shorewood area and I was looking to care for one or two children. We are a very gentle discipline, education-minded family that loves to spend time together. Our home is close to parks and running trails as well as other child orientated activities. I have nanny experience and would love to open our home to a family or two with the same parenting philosophy. If you want more information please PM me!

#8 ·
I am currently a SAHM with two kids. I am willing to open my home to care for infants and children. We eat a healthy diet, no food additives, preservatives, organic eggs and milk. Willing to work with different diets. I practice GD, AP, do baby wearing for little ones. There is no TV and I live near several parks to have the kids outside as much has possible. I live near a nature center I take them to weekly. Located on the NW side of Chicago, a couple miles east of Peterson/I-94.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.