Breastmilk donors in/around IL? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-22-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

I'm hoping that you smart and connected mamas can help me brainstorm. I weaned my son almost three months ago when I started cancer treatment. He had been exclusively BFd up to that point. I was able to source out milk donors at that time so he was weaned to donor breast milk. Unfortunately we've lost some of our original donors and have not been able to make up for what they had been providing. We were gifted two freezer stashes last month which bought us some time, but I have not been able to get enough ongoing donors or future freezer stashes to meet his need, and at the rate we're going I have maybe a week or two to work something out before we'll have to supplement with something.

To complicate matters, my son can't seem to tolerate any "solid" foods (thinned purees, fork mashed anything, small bits of apple that he gnaws off, etc). He cries, gags, vomits, or just ejects any food that enters his mouth. If he could eat for some of his calories/nutrition I think that we could maybe make due with the milk we're receiving right now but he can't. We're going to have him evaluated in about a week to see why he can't eat and hopefully work with a professional to help him with his eating, but in the meantime he needs a lot of milk and I sincerely want to provide it for him (my DDs both have multiple food intolerances and I shudder to think what soy, milk, etc. formulas would do to him).

Anyway, I've tried Eats on Feets (have some great donors from there), Human Milk for Human Babies, Milkshare, Craigslist, networking through friends, and reaching out to local AP groups. I'm stumped for other avenues to explore. Does anyone have any experience getting donor milk from other sources that I may have overlooked? Can anyone suggest a stone I may have left unturned?

I really appreciate your help.

Wife to my DH Mama to my two girls  hearts.gif'03 and love.gif '06 and my sweet babyboy.gif 3-'10 I am blessed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page