Any mamas in Naperville/Warrenville area? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-28-2011, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi. There is a possibility we could be moving to the Chicago area in a few months from NJ and I was looking at Naperville and Warrenville. I'm a LLL leader and member of Holistic moms out here in NJ so I love that both of these groups are in that area. Just wondering what other info anyone could give me about the area. Our son will be 3 in May and also have baby #2 on the way in May. 

Are there many natural-minded families in this area?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 12:31 PM

I currently live in the area and there both local LLL groups and a Holistic Moms group.  I haven't been to either, but I do know they exist. 

This is a nice part of the suburbs.  I really enjoy the Naperville Library; the children's museum and the arboretum are just a short drive away and my family really enjoys going to them.  The school systems are among the top in the state but there are also many private options as well.  What I have found is that the crunchier people are either closer to the city or further out west.  But I don't think you would have a hard time meeting like-minded people.

I can't really say much other than that as I actually am dying to move from here lol..but just about everyone who lives here loves it.

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#3 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. We're actually looking at moving down to TX now so I guess Chicago is out, at least for now...

#4 of 6 Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Stinker!  I just moved to exactly the IL area you were looking at from Central NJ (North Plainfield, but lived all over Middlesex & Union Co.)

AND, we hope to end up in TX.  ;)

Heather - Wife , Mommy  & Health & Wellness Educator, Speaker & Consultant 

Dairy, soy & corn free with limited gluten... yes, really. And journeying towards peace.  Blogging about both.

Let me guide you to find the food and lifestyle choices...
#5 of 6 Old 06-09-2011, 01:07 PM

Hi! I just moved from Naperville to Plainfield (1 city south)- there are lots of AP minded Mama's in the area. On Yahoo Groups you want to look up DuPage Slingers, and DuPage AP- There's a fabulous children's museum on Washington (just N of downtown) and great parks all around- great libraries, and the Riverwalk, Centennial Beach and Carillion Park can't be beat- loads of free concerts to be attended, you just missed the kite festival last week in Frontier Park, if you go a bit south to Plainfield you can visit actual farms to buy your produce and eggs, and harvest your own pumpkins in fall. Naperville has a nice farmers market in the 5th ave bldg parking lot (not huge like a big city but decent)- they also have amazing schools. The Arboreetum is amazing- one of the best I've ever been to (I consider myself a bit of an afficionado), annually Rib Fest is a huge event as is Last Fling both drawing large musical acts (years past have included Trace Adkins, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis and The News, etc etc)... My only warning is that unless you're made of money and looking to flaunt it be prepared for some sideways looks, also people will attach the stigma to you that because you're a resident that must mean you're loaded and in reality Naperville is just like any other city in that it has a large spectrum of incomes... Otherwise if you do end up out here eventually I hope you enjoy it! Best wishes!

#6 of 6 Old 06-13-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amurrayrubin View Post

annually Rib Fest is a huge event as is Last Fling both drawing large musical acts (years past have included Trace Adkins, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis and The News, etc etc)..

The Giving Tree Band will be at RibFest on 7/4 this year. We have seen them many times...... they are AMAZING!!!

Mom to 3 Married to geek.gif for 10 wonderful years luxlove.gif
13 af.gif 9 goodvibes.gifand 6coolshine.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page