Looking to connect with Columbia, MO area moms... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-27-2011, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband recently started a new job in Columbia, and we'll likely be moving there sometime this summer.  I'm wanting to chat with moms in the area now, so that once we move, we'll already have some connection in the local community, and hopefully make it an easier transition for the kids.  We're currently right between Columbia and St. Louis (with most of our friends and family in the direction of StL., so while it's not a completely unfamiliar area, we don't really know anyone out that way.  

We homeschool, so I'd love to find out about any groups in the area we could be involved with (Christian or secular; academic or primarily for play).  Our kids are 9, 7, 3 and 1.  

I'd like to find a intact and vax-friendly pedi or family practice doc., so please share away if you know of any.

Any other info about the area (activities, events, etc.), would also be great.

Thanks so much!  :)

jamie. crinkly (not quite crunchy) mama to 3 amazing little girls, an awesome little boy, and a baby girl making her debut at the end of this summer.

#2 of 2 Old 07-02-2011, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just moved away from Columbia to Joplin. As far as health care I would suggest Namaste Health Care in Ashland. Two sisters run the clinic. Kate Branham is the FNP and works with the kids mainly. Her sister is Dr. Early.

I do not vaccinate and nursed my daughter until she was 4. She had no qualms with either.  They are just a little family practice but I can not give them enough praise. I personally think Kate saved my nieces life by detecting a heart issue the hospital failed to pick up on (baby was a high risk baby to begin with ) She ended up having open heart surgery at 8 weeks old. My sister is not crunchy but uses the clinic as well. Our first appt took nearly an hour. Kate talked WITH my daughter not just at her and even ask how I was doing with being the mom and took my needs into account. 

Oh and what sold me on the clinic to begin with.No formula samples by the baby scale. When my little niece did need formula because my sister truly was not making enough bc my neice had no energy to suckle, Kate had to find some. She said she did not even know where she put it. And she has a monthly breast feeding support group. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page