Moving to Springfield, Mo, looking for a pediatrician - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-18-2011, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband is getting a job transfer, and I am nervous about going to the midwest for Seattle.  I am in to AP and we do alternate vaccinations schedules.  I have this feeling that the pediatricians aren't as open minding there as they are here.  If any one knows of a good pediatrician or ob/gyn I would love to know.

#2 of 11 Old 06-18-2011, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

I think I found a few ideas.  I am not sure if we will ind up in Rogersville, or Nixa or somewhere else.  My husband's job is in Springfield, but my father in law lives in Cassville, and I know we want to be close enough to check on him often, since my mother in law passed away not long ago.

#3 of 11 Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 AM

I'm still looking for a good pediatrician in this area.  Did you ever find one?  I can tell you who NOT to see.. Dr. Bussman!  My ob/gyn is Dr. Kidder and he's been great so far.

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

#4 of 11 Old 07-17-2011, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

There is a FNP in Rogersville, Kate Kilgo,  I don't know how old you kids are, she is at the Springfield clinic I think twice a week, but your child has to be over 18 months to see her there.  I haven't used her yet, but have heard good things about her. I hope she works out, because it was the only suggestion I have been given.

Thanks for the ob/gyn suggestion.

#5 of 11 Old 07-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Thanks!  I will check into her.

Married to my other half

Mama to Madeline (07-10-07) and Finley (10-17-11)

#6 of 11 Old 09-30-2011, 06:51 PM

I interviewed 6 peditricians till i found what i believe to be the perfect one. His name is Roy Henry, and he is through St Johns. You can call St Johns in springfield and as for Dr Henry and they will give you his phone number :)

#7 of 11 Old 01-10-2012, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

It is too bad my insurance has a problem with St John's, I hope they resolve it soon. If I can convince my husband to go out of net work I might try him.

#8 of 11 Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM

I called his office and he is definitely not anti-vax or delayed vax friendly. He wouldn't even see me.

#9 of 11 Old 03-31-2012, 12:13 PM

I have absolutely NO idea if he is anti-vax friendly, etc- but the doctor I had when I was in Springfield with my first was...definitely different. (He came to work on a harley couple of times lol_) I adored his bedside manner, but not all would- very blunt, but also really cool and LISTENED to me. I was a scared out of my mind teenager at the time- and this was...whew....nearly 13 years ago- but Dr. McGill is still practicing down there. You might look him up and at least find out if he is- actually, Monday I intend to call because I'd drive to see him. Of all the doctors I have had since- he was the one I remember the most because he really DID listen, he took MY feelings into account and was pretty much everything a doctor ought to be for me. Now, like I said- I do not remember if he was or was not natural parent friendly, but he might be open to it at least.

#10 of 11 Old 04-07-2012, 11:47 AM

We are in Springfield and my kids see Dr. Brown. He is a family doctor, not a pediatrician though. We really like him. I do delayed vaccinations and he has been totally fine with it. He is with St. John's though and very hard to get into since he only sees patients in the morning. Good luck with your search and the move and all. Things aren't real crunchy here but we're coming around. thumb.gif

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#11 of 11 Old 04-12-2012, 11:13 PM

I'm sure you have found a pediatrician by now, but any one else who is looking might try Dr. James Phillips.  I'm not sure of his position on vaccinations, but I have been taking my kids to him for two years and he is great.  Dr. Barbara Wotherspoon is a wonderful OBGYN.  Both are with St. Johns.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page