ALL KIDS insurance - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-04-2011, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All,

My husband just lost his job and bennies.  We had dr. Minkus for the boys, but he does not accept ALLKIDS.  Does anyone have a recommendation for vax-delay and non-circ friendly docs who accept ALLKIDS?  Thanks.

#2 of 7 Old 08-04-2011, 08:42 PM

I was just coming on here to post the same question, hope you get some answers.  I always find it so funny when people say Dr. Minkus is their kid's pedi, he was mine when I was a kid too!

#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2011, 09:50 AM

I go to MJ Medical group near Lincoln and Devon area. They are family practitioners. Often times the appointments will be made with the nurse practitioner who I always had a good experience with. They never really said two words about my not vaccinating my two children. I didn't feel any pressure at all. They also are fairly liberal about antibiotics. If the child has an ear infection, they normally will write a prescription and tell you only to fill it if the child gets much worse, starts a fever, etc. I find that in general family practices seem to be more relaxed and flexible about vaccinations than most pediatricians.

Another option if you want to stay with Dr. Minkus is to apply for financial aid through the hospital. I had a friend with out insurance who did that. I'm not sure if you can qualify if you have Allkids already, but something to look into if you didn't get Allkids yet.

#4 of 7 Old 10-06-2011, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the recommendation.  we have our first appointment today. 

#5 of 7 Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 AM

If that falls through, check out Mariela Cano and Ravenswood Family practice.  Do a search of her on here- she's wonderful, pro homebirthing and very relaxed and open to your "hippie" decisions, lol.  I think she homebirthed her kids actually, but not 100% sure on it.

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#6 of 7 Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Yeah, at MJ they don't really advocate not vaccinating as in they do follow the normal recommendation, but they will not pressure you at all about it. Once you tell them they just accept it and generally don't bring it up. It's not like they are really all that natural or alternative or anything like that. But they will respect your decisions and take time to listen with out pressure and the office is organized. My last pedi would make me sign a waiver for not vaccing every single appointment.

#7 of 7 Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

I don't know if he takes allkids, but Brian Morse is at foster/pulaski and is really super with crunchy families. Alternately, Audrey Stillerman is a family practice doc at UIC who did homebirth, cosleep, and breastfeed. We went to her when we lived in the city. She's fab. 

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page