Hospital water birth in Chicagoland area? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are Prentice at NW, West Suburban and Rush Copley the only 3 hospitals around here that offer water births?
#2 of 6 Old 11-27-2011, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)

I know that Evanston Hospital does not allow them; you're only allowed to labor in the tub. And they only have one room that has one. 

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

#3 of 6 Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by licadee View Post

Are Prentice at NW, West Suburban and Rush Copley the only 3 hospitals around here that offer water births?

I had a homebirth so I cannot say for sure. But I believe the only place you can waterBIRTH is inside one of the two birthing rooms at West Suburban.

I'm a Babywearing slinggirl.gif, Cloth diaperingcd.gif, BFing bfinfant.gifusing an SNS, Bedsharing Mamafamilybed1.gif to  DD babygirl.gifborn July '11 at homehomebirth.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 PM

Wearing my doula hat here... West Sub is really on the only place (other than home) to easily get a birth (not just labor) in the water. Prentice has 2 mobile tubs and 4 rooms with plumbing fixtures and it's easy to risk out: ex: high BMI, scant meconium.

#5 of 6 Old 01-26-2012, 12:07 PM

I had a waterbirth at Rush Copley about 3 yrs ago.  It went fine and no one ever gave me grief about wanting to do the waterbirth.  It was a mobile tub though, more like a pool really.  They have large showers in the birthing rooms that helped me with contractions when I wasn't ready to get into the tub.

Hinsdale has tubs too, but only for laboring.  I though St. Alexis had a tub...I remember seeing one in a pic my SIL had from her birth but she couldn't use it because she was induced.  St. Alexis or Alexian brothers...one of those if I remember right.

Vegetarian broc1.gifmother to wave.gif(3/09) peace.gif  (11/10) and belly.gif(4/13)

#6 of 6 Old 02-03-2012, 12:05 PM

I had a great waterbirth at West Sub. It was perfect and the midwives were excellent. I went with Oak Park Midwifery.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page