Any info on Dr. White in Franklin Park, IL? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-08-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't seem to find a lot of information on Dr. White. I know he attends homebirths, but does he attend hospital births? Which hospital? Does he have a backup doc in the event of a transfer? Who is it?

Any info would be helpful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Doctor White's hospital affiliation is Westlake in Melrose Park. He was my doctor during the pregnancy of our daughter who was born in August of 2010. He went out of town and referred my to Jean Alexandre Jr. as a backup. I had Julia early and Dr. Alexandre ended up being my delivery doc in the hosptial. FYI. Dr. White is not super friendly. At the time I went to see him I was interested in a home birth and there are obviously not many options out there. His father delivered me and my siblings at home back in the seventies so I thought it would be a good fit. He's just not very warm. When I told someone at the time who my doc was they referred to him as a "cold fish" and the statement rings true. In the end I was very happy to have Dr. Alexandre be there for my delivery. He was awesome actually and I would highly recommend him, if you're not seeking a home birth. He is also out of Westlake. 

#3 of 3 Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you so much for that information. I will definitely look into the other doc you suggested. I did have a home birth with one of my kids, but am thinking about other options. What was your experience like at Westlake hospital?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page