Celiac / GF kids in St. Louis (metro east ideally) - GI's too - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My soon to be 8yr old has been GF off and on for about a yr and a 1/2, but exclusively since January.  We started off calling it a "trial" but it now appears that he will likely get a full dx of Celiac, or if not that he will at least be GF long-term.  He is not really appreciating the change from "trial" to "forever" very well right now.  It would be really nice for him to have someone else he could  meet, preferaby another boy around his age, who knows what it is like to have to be GF.  Anyone have a kid who is GF in the St. Louis Metro East area, or within an hour or so drive of there, who would be interested in meeting?

FWIW, I checked the R.O.C.K. website and the contact number for the closest group (which is an hour west of us) was disconnected.  I also checked the local celiac support group and it seems they only meet once a year and we just missed it.  eyesroll.gif

Edited to add:  While I'm at it, I'm also wondering about good Pediatric GI's in the St. Louis area.  I need one who willing to think outside of the box when it comes to gluten and CD.  We're currently driving to Chicago to go to the celiac disease center there and finally are making progress but it would be nice not to have to do that forever.  But I don't want to have to convince the doc that gluten could be a problem even though he didn't meet strict criteria for a C.D. diagnosis.

Laurie Busy mama to Boo (10/02) DeeDa (10/04) and Belly (10/07) TS 45X
#2 of 5 Old 07-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Just bumping your post up to see if there's someone in your area who missed your message. :)

#3 of 5 Old 08-02-2012, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

Just bumping your post up to see if there's someone in your area who missed your message. :)

Thanks.  thumb.gif

Laurie Busy mama to Boo (10/02) DeeDa (10/04) and Belly (10/07) TS 45X
#4 of 5 Old 08-31-2012, 08:02 PM

I know several mamas in STL with gluten free kids.....will message them and see what they have to offer.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#5 of 5 Old 09-20-2012, 05:52 AM

can any of you recommend a good pediatric allergist or gi for possible wheat issues?   My bff's son was told to stay off wheat and dairy by ped and then referred to allergist who said that was ridiculous.  I'm thinking there may be issues, but my friend wants to hear it from a doctor.  Any suggestions?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page