Peds in O'Fallon/St.Peters, MO? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-09-2012, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!

I currently have a 16 month old boy and am expecting another boy at the end of Oct. I like our current pediatrician okay (Randy Agolia), he is okay with delay/selective vaccinations, really supportive of breastfeeding, etc., but he and his partners do not do hospital rounds at all and I really don't like that. We had a miserable experience with some of the random "in house" pediatricians at St.John's Mercy with our first son, I'm hoping to avoid that this time and hopefully in the future in case our kids ever end up in the hospital. (I am high risk and likely will have to deliver there again though I'm hoping to make it to St.Luke's this time.)

One of my friends currently uses Dr.Nelms and Dr.Farberman. They do hospital rounds and she delays/selectively vaccinates as well, so I assume they are at least okay or are not bad about it. Does anyone here have any experience with them? I guess with them, my only real concern is how they are as far as intact babies/ not retracting/etc. (I guess I've heard too many bad stories about baby boys/little boys being forcibly retracted by doctors who didn't know better, it's something I kinda hate to bring up because as the doctor they should know not to do that, IMO, but I don't want to have to worry about it either.)

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 09-11-2012, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

Bumping up for more attention.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 09-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in West County so I don't know anybody in your area, but I will say that my Ped group doesn't do rounds anymore either.  I asked and it was really not cost/time effective for them.  It might be more common these days - I don't know.  They did it for my first two kids (2006, 2010) and not my last (2012).  The first two were born at Mo Bap - third was an unplanned UC, but I went to Mo Bap for 24 hours to get my stitches and whatnot.

Oh, and if you don't want anybody to retract your son just tell them to that his penis is off-limits.  That should be enough.  If not - RUN!

Anyway, LSS to say that if you like your current Ped enough it might make sense to just stick with him.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page