St. Louis OB/hospital - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-04-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would like to find a female OB in St. Louis who is educated and supportive in natural birth.  I need to deliver somewhere where they will be fine with bonding and breastfeeding for as long as I want directly following the birth.  I also want a place that is supportive of rooming in (ie, will not try to talk me out of it if I say it's what I want) and where minimal number of people will touch/breathe on my baby.  Any recommendations?  TIA.

#2 of 3 Old 10-07-2012, 06:04 PM

My OB is male so that won't help, but I delivered 2 of my kids at Missouri Baptist and they were fine with baby staying as long as I wanted.  Never any grief over baby sleeping with me and really encourage mom to nurse all the time.  Third kid was born at home and they treated me like a goddess when I got to the hospital.  They really helped me focus on reaching my natural childbirth, attached mama goals while I was there.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 3 Old 12-07-2012, 04:56 PM

The birth center is opening in february.  That might be an option?  I've heard good things about Dr LIndsay in ofallon/st charles area, but I don't know anyone who has birthed with her.  There's a good female dr at st johns, but they suck for rooming in and natural things.   I had no problems at st mary's with baby sleeping in my bed and all newborn testing etc was even done in my room.  I had my first at mobap, but that was a cs.  Dh went w/ baby everywhere, but they took her away for testing.  Good luck and let us know how your birth goes!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page