Preschools in West St. Louis Suburbs - chesterfield, creve couer, ladue, brentwood, clayton? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-23-2012, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi --

I have a 2 year old daughter and desperately need to get her out of her current day care situation.  Ideally I would love a Reggio-Emilia school, but they are few and far between here in MO (and most start at age 3).  Mom's what are some preschools that foster creativity, learning and respect?  I would prefer a non-chain preschool.  I live in Chesterfield and work in Clayton so anywhere between here and there would be great!

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-24-2012, 01:08 PM

THE GODDARD SCHOOL HAS A WONDERFUL PRESCHOOL PROGRAM.  I THINK YOU WILL FIND THAT THEY ARE MORE IN LINE WITH THE REGGIO/ PROJECT CONSTRUCT WAY OF LEARNING THAN MOST IN THE STL AREA.  THEIR PHILOSOPHY IS THAT OF PLAY BASED LEARNING BUT THEY DO A GREAT JOB OF INCORPORATING THE EARLY LEARNING STANDARDS INTO THE CLASSROOM LEARNING CENTERS. THERE ARE OTHERS IN THE STL AREA (COLLEGE SCHOOL) THAT ARE RUN MORE CLOSELY IN LINE WITH THE REGGIO APPROACH BUT YOU ARE CORRECT IN THE AGE AND WAITING LIST CRITERIA.  GOOD LUCK!

#3 of 4 Old 10-29-2012, 08:40 AM

Raintree is a Reggio in Ballwin, but you have to be three.  We seriously considered it, but ended up going with the Parkway School District's ECC and could not have been happier.  They have preschool programs that start at age 2, but they're not daycare and only a few hours a day.  So it might not work.  I believe the Parkway ECC on Fee Fee has full day programs, though.

Anyway, they use Project Construct (as do all the Parkway schools) and were just really lovely for my oldest (kid 2 hasn't started preschool yet, just KMO) and really focus on the things you listed.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 4 Old 10-30-2012, 12:11 PM

Raintree Learning Community is a Reggio school in Ballwin.  My family loves it.  Kids can start as young as 2 if they're potty trained.  Creativity, creative writing program, environmental responsibility, Peace Project, they have so many things not found at other schools for this age.  We can't imagine our kids going anywhere else - it's just a beautuful approach and Raintree does it brilliantly. 

Best of luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page