Illinois vaccine exemption - is it hard? doable? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-13-2012, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We currently exercise our exemption in a different state, it was easy. We might move next June to Illinois. I'm looking at a private Montessori preschool for my DD (will be 2 then) and Kindergarten, preferably private, for my DS. I read that you have to write a letter explaining yourself? That seems tricky and treacherous. Our current state just had me sign an exemption form, no more info necessary. If it is hard, we will not take a job in Illinois. Thanks for the info in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 11-14-2012, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never had any issues. Been through 3 public schools and 1 private church preschool.

I guess you could run into a pain of a director at any school. But it was just a simple statement I typed up and turned in with the rest of the enrollment paperwork. No one has ever said a thing about it.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#3 of 5 Old 12-26-2012, 06:02 AM

I just went through this with a public school. The nurse gave me a call and then asked me to write a second letter that quoted scripture (which, in my layperson's understanding of the law, is beyond what the law requires). I did what she said worrying I'd shoot myself in the foot with it, but then it was fine.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 12-29-2012, 02:50 PM

Never had a serious issue with vax exemption in IL.. Every year I have to sign an exemption letter that the school provides. The only time I've been given a hard time was by a couple of nurses who didn't seem to understand the exemption law in IL, but I would make a copy of the law along with the letter to present and all was ok.

autismribbon.gif

#5 of 5 Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM

Just thought I'd add vacclib.org has the forms I used. You have to specifically state which vaccines and I like their from letter. I haven't had any issues.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page