Playgroups/ ped/ dentist recs in Oak Park? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-23-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! We recently relocated to Oak Park and would love to make some new friends! I have a 4 yo daughter and a 20 mo daughter and I'm due at the end of September with our third. i am currently a SAHM and we are looking for others to get together with some mornings (or afternoons) during the week. These cold Chicago days cooped up in the apartment are killing us! I don't have a car during the day right now so  any play groups would need to be right in Oak Park or easily accessible from the Green Line.

I would also love recs for a family dentist and a family Dr or pediatrician (delayed/selective vax friendly).

Anyone that can suggest a play group or Dr?

#2 of 4 Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 AM

We're up in the northwest suburbs but come down to the west suburbs often.  We actually use Dr Schattauer in Oak Park and he's been great.  We went through several "typical" doctors who wanted us to catch up on the vax schedule (at the time we were very delayed/selective vaxxing) and that's when we found Dr. Schattauer.  Now we are non-vaxxing and he's perfectly fine with whatever you choose.  Here's his website: http://www.thegreenmedicalpractice.com/

I wish I knew of some play groups! 

SAHM to DD1 shy.gif, DD2 baby.gif, and one m/c angel.gif

#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2013, 07:36 PM

For playgroup planning and a community of local like-minded moms:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AttachmentParenting_RealLife/

I'm a member. :-)

(Oak Park, south of the Blue Line.)

Ghanaian-American afro.jpg product & experience designer. Wife to geek.gif web geek & soon-to-be SAHD. Mother to 2 yr old reading geek , pregnant with boc.gif future geek.

#4 of 4 Old 04-02-2013, 08:00 PM

We were members of the AP Oak Park group :) We do not live in the area anymore :(

Also we were apart of Oak Park Moms Group on meetup, they were nice and did a variety of activities in the area.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page