Moving to, or around Chesterfield, Missouri this summer - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-01-2013, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! My fiance and our family will be moving to this area, soon. He's starting at Logan College of Chiropractic.
We live in Ohio, right now. But, we have two school age children. My son will be 8, and going into the 3rd grade, and my daughter will be starting 1st grade. We also will have an infant by the time we move ( I'm due at the end of this month), but that's pretty irrelevant to my question,lol

What are good area's around Chesterfield with good schools?

Good areas for families in general?

Thanks so much!

#2 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 AM

I swear someone else asked this exact question a while back -- coming to the St Louis area because of Logan, and what's the immediate area like.  I wonder if you could search for the archives and figure out who that was.

The grade schools around that area are pretty good -- it's in the Parkway school district. 

One of my kids was in Scouts with the daughter of one of the professors.  I remember going over to their condo, which was reasonably near Logan over in Ballwin.  TONS of kids in the neighborhood, and a nice little park nearby.  The area around there is more suburban, though -- you'd have a Whole Foods and Trader Joes and Cotton Babies and all that nearby, but you'd tend to drive to them, although there are some bike lanes and I think they're trying to encourage more bikes.  If you want to walk to lots of things you'll need to live closer to the city.  Public transport is pretty dismal.

St. Louis is, overall, a very family-oriented area. It's a giant small town.  Really.  In South County everyone has known each other forever, and will start conversations by asking which high school you went to.  West County (where Logan is) has more of a mix of people from all over.

#3 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM

I live on the Illinois side and really like it! I'd you are interested in the Edwardsville area, feel free to msg me!

Full Time Student Mama with a teenager blahblah.gif  a cool tween Peace.gif a rockin kid jammin.gif a pretty fairy  hearts.gifand a non-stop running machine joy.gif and still shouting about lactivist.gif  intactivist.gif  delayedvax.gif and signcirc1.gif
#4 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I'll have to see if i can do a search for that post you're thinking of!

I'm nervous about moving. I'm due any day now with our little one, i won't be moving until June (he's moving next month) but, i'm worried about feeling lonely in a new place. Are there any good mom groups?

I think the place we're planning on moving to, is about 3 miles away from Logan. My fiance wants to make it pretty easy to come home if he has a short break to spend time with us. 

How are the summer's in MO? Hot? Humid? 

Thanks for your help!! So much appreciated :)

#5 of 8 Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Hey! Thanks!

I think the house we finally found, and agreed on( lol ) is about 3 miles away from Logan.  How far away (or how close) is Edwardsville?

#6 of 8 Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 AM

Yay for finding a house!

We moved here from Findlay, by the way, which is between you and Toledo.  And, yeah, it's hard to move with a little one, but I bet you'll find lots of other moms once you're here.  My kids are older, so I can't point you to any groups, but I'm sure you're going to find them and make lots of friends.  People here are so nice!  

The weather is hot and humid in the summer BUT the local public pools are very nice, and pretty much everything is air conditioned.  St. Louis makes up for the hot summers by having cold, miserable winters.  And we're all in it together insofar as the weather, you know?  Like we should all get tshirts made that we survived the season.

Logan itself is a pretty campus.  Have you visited it?

#7 of 8 Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 PM

Pretty much anything farther than downtown St. Louis is one hour from Edwardsville. You probably will not have a hard time finding like-minded mamas in the STL area.

Full Time Student Mama with a teenager blahblah.gif  a cool tween Peace.gif a rockin kid jammin.gif a pretty fairy  hearts.gifand a non-stop running machine joy.gif and still shouting about lactivist.gif  intactivist.gif  delayedvax.gif and signcirc1.gif
#8 of 8 Old 04-23-2013, 12:07 PM

There is a very active STL AP group...pm me if you are interested in an invite to the fb group.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page