Traveling to Chicago with 2- Help with which stroller to bring - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-20-2013, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Aloha,

I will be travelling to Chicago in a few days and I can not decide which stroller to bring.  I will be travelling alone with a almost 10 month old and newly 3 year old (Feb).  We're staying with family who live in the heart of the city so plan on doing lots of train and bus traveling to museums and zoos.

We have a Maclaren single that I heart completely as it's light, one handled fold, easy to maneuver- of course it only holds one.  I also have a Beco Butterfly 2 Carrier that I heart.  So that's an option- carrier and single stroller as the 3 year old is quite happy to  ride in either.

Or the double sit and stand Joovy that we have.  It holds a lot more than the Maclaren- but its big and is a two handled fold- and I'm be very curious to hear if Chicagoland Mommas have used this stroller in the city and on transit...

Decisions... decisions... decisions.  I know no matter which I choose there will be times when I wish I had the other- just hoping I choose the one I'll appreciate using the most! 

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!

Mahalo!

L

#2 of 2 Old 04-29-2013, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry, just saw this -- hope it's not too late to help! We live in Chicago & I'd definitely go with the Maclaren single and the carrier. Personally, I'd do the 10 month old in the carrier and the 3 yr old in the stroller, but that's because my back isn't as strong as it used to be. lol.gif  It's super easy to get around the El and the buses with a single stroller, although on crowded buses, you might have to fold up. Also, some of the El stops don't have elevator access from the street, but you can either fold up & walk up to them or usually there's one on the same line with elevator access a few blocks in either direction. Have a great trip!

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page