Hillary Kieser/Gentle Birth Care or other HB midwives (Chicago) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-18-2013, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are moving to Chicago in a few days and I am pregnant with my 3rd child (first was a natural birth in the hospital, second was a home birth), due in February. I would like to find a homebirth midwife in Chicago asap. It seems that a lot of people recommend Hillary Kieser, has anyone here used her? What about the other midwives in her practice?

We had a superb midwife in LA that lots of friends had used and I'm feeling very nervous about finding someone without that level of recommendation.

Thanks in advance!

#2 of 7 Old 09-19-2013, 06:57 AM

Well, I had a whole long recommendation post typed out and then my silly computer just hiccuped. Ah, well. Suffice it to say, we used Gentle Birth Care for our third baby and loved them dearly. Would have totally gone with them again, but did a hospital birth because of extenuating circumstances this last time around. They are awesome! Truly supportive of you, no pressure, as hands-off or hands-on as you'd like -- just all-around fantastic care. There's no one I'd recommend more. 

Best,

Jfly-by-nursing1.gif, partner-in-crime to Dfamilybed2.gif, mama to run.gif4, including our brand new rainbow1284.gifbaby.gifmissing my 7-wk-er

#3 of 7 Old 09-19-2013, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you! I've made an appointment to go in next week and meet them. Fingers crossed I love them as much as my old midwife!

#4 of 7 Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM

My midwife (amy) has moved to be part of Hillary's practice. The woman saved me from a C-section with my son. i would have had a C-section for "failure to wait" with an OBGYN. Because of her, with my second, I had what a homebirthing friend refers to as "The Unicorn of Hospital Births" :-) 

They're well known and well loved for good reason. :) 

If you end up needing a hospital birth- the group she used to be a part of (West Sub Midwives) or OMG (through Hinsdale) are good too. (I haven't had a kid through OMG, but i've had friends who have) 

If you are looking for a doula pm me, i can recommend 2 great ones. 

http://magadociousrex.blogspot.com/  
We're a co-sleeping, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering , baby and toddler wearing family!

Roland 04/2010 30 hour labor. Vaginal but not natural birth. 

Zeisel 08/2012 15 hour labor, completely natural hospital water birth. 

goorganic.jpgtranstichel.giffamilybed2.gifbfinfant.gifslingtwin.gifwaterbirth.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifplacenta.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-02-2013, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetchotchkes View Post

My midwife (amy) has moved to be part of Hillary's practice. The woman saved me from a C-section with my son. i would have had a C-section for "failure to wait" with an OBGYN. Because of her, with my second, I had what a homebirthing friend refers to as "The Unicorn of Hospital Births" :-) 

They're well known and well loved for good reason. :) 

If you end up needing a hospital birth- the group she used to be a part of (West Sub Midwives) or OMG (through Hinsdale) are good too. (I haven't had a kid through OMG, but i've had friends who have) 

If you are looking for a doula pm me, i can recommend 2 great ones. 

Great to hear another fantastic recommend. I met Tera last week and so far I am very happy. Will meet Amy at my first "real" appointment next week!

#6 of 7 Old 10-04-2013, 03:39 PM

I love them. I'm a doula and an RN and they are by far my favorite practice in Chicagoland. I personally see them for gyn care and recommend them to all my friends/clients. 

#7 of 7 Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 PM

I saw Hillary once when she was at West Suburban. She was the only one of the three there who made me do a cervix check, and while in there, without my consent, stripped my membranes. She said, "now I'm just stirring the pot a little" and was irritated when I confronted her about it. She didn't attend me in labor, which is good because at that point I certainly didn't trust her.

C/S DD ( 9 ), VBAC DD ( 6 ), & a surprise little guy on the way in August '14

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page