Mothering Forum banner

relocating to St Louis

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MommyJen314 
#1 · (Edited)
My husband is considering jobs @ Boeing St. Louis. Looking like it's near the airport. We don't know ANYTHING about the area, can you give us a little direction?

Good public schools are important (kids will be in 1st & 4th grades), liberal/crunchy area, not outer suburbs/rural.

What's public transport like? Is St Louis bike-able?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Well, near the airport is North county. However while you can find some nice places the area is kind of deteriorating. But luckily in St. Louis the way the highways are set up you could find a nice school district/area and still not have a dreadful commute to the airport. St. Charles wouldnt be too far, as someone already said and its a good area with a lot to do for the kids. Theres a great biking trail by the river called Katy Trail. There are quite a lot of good biking spots, another one is Creve Couer park which is about 30 minute from the airport. Webster Groves is a great area along with Kirkwood and Shrewsbury which are all pretty close to eachother. Its nice but not too stuck up and all Great school districts. Ive lived all over the area for about 10 years so if you have any more questions let me know.

#5 ·
Webster and Kirkwood are amazing. I grew up in Webster, which is a little more old town than Kirkwood. So much to do in either. I live in Crestwood now which is Lindbergh schools, can't get much better. Definitely don't go North County. St Charles is nice if you want more bang for your buck. Check our greatschools.org and look at districts. Boeing is a great company to work for. Richmond Heights is more liberal than others, but schools are decent, not great. U City is also neat. If you want to be near metro, St. Charles is out. If you have some options, I'd be happy to give more details on specific neighborhoods you're looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.