Forum Jump: 

#61 of 86 Old 03-04-2009, 01:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosha Mama View Post
Hi everyone,

As for the post above....do you mind sharing the doc's name or is that too much info? I also go to Green Meadows and have skipped a vac and delayed others without any issues. Hopefully not the same doc, but dont want to recommend her if so. Just had another baby boy 5 weeks ago, so we are going down the vac plan again (at a slower rate than with my first son).

Thanks and glad to see there are others in the area on here!

Her name is Dr. Stewart
#62 of 86 Old 03-06-2009, 01:27 AM

Thanks...glad to hear it wasnt my doc...
#63 of 86 Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 PM

this is going to sound like a crazy ? but what grocery store or store in general sells the best vegetarian food. I work at the gerbes on Nifong and to me they dont have much of a selection but I am pretty new to this vegetarian thing. I gave up meat for lent but am it so I think i will just stick to it. I have been having a problem though I dont think I am getting enough protien or iron in my diet. Yesterday I got really really hot and passed out. I dont know if it is just what is going around or if I am not doing something right. If there are any vegetarians or vegans here I would love to know where the best place to shop in columbia is and what you all do for protien and iron. I have been eating things with tofu in them but dont know how much protien i need throughout the day. Thanks to anyone that can help.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#64 of 86 Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 PM

Have you tried the international market jut down the street from Gerbes on nifong? Next to the dollar general. Dont know what the name of it is off hand

The gerbes on Ash has a large "natural foods" section with bulk items.
#65 of 86 Old 03-09-2009, 02:48 PM

I have not tried there. I will have to. are they pricey or resonable with me working at gerbes money is a big object. Are you talking about the gerbes on broadway just wondering I dont know where ash is. I am still learning some of the streets.

#66 of 86 Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM

Same gerbes. Gerbes is between broadway and ash. Gerbe takes foodstamps , for the bulk items,if you are eligble. Clovers does as well. I dont know about the international market.

Maybe you could put a word in for gerbes selling cloth diapers, I bug the manger at the paris rd gerbes each time I am in. He said I could special order.....I just want to walk into a conventional store and NOT see gerber cloth crap. Anyway.....OT talking on my partsss
#67 of 86 Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 PM

I can try is there a certain kind. All I know is the gerber prefold cloth dipes. That is what I used till peanut was about 13 months then with Monkey I used those till he was 6 mnths until I found someone close that made them. If you say a brand and enough people ask for them meaning if everyone on here got together and asked for them even if they dont use them gerbes would. It is all about supply and demand. BUt I will ask.

#68 of 86 Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 PM

nevahsmommy do you live close to paris rd. the reason I ask is we go to church over there and we could meet sometime. maybe we could actually do something. I am off all week this week except an hour on thursday were i have a mandatory meeting. I would love to get kids together it would be nice to meet the mom that is helping me with my new endeaver.

#69 of 86 Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM

No. I live in Clark missouri. We take 63 south to paris rd to get into town. I prefer gerbes for shopping. They send me these great coupons in the mail that I can use with other coupons I have for the same product. Makes more money "cents" to me.

Have you tried miraclediaper.com

They have a loaner program for cloth diapers.

The cloth gerber diapers at target are "diaper service quality" they are about twice as thick as the regualr gerber cloth but not as thick as the ones we bought off of a local med student.

My daughter is potty trained but I watch my neice fairly often and I use cloth on her, I dont really have a cloth diaper prefernce having ued only WAHMS, prefolds and happy heineys.

I am usally in town at least 2 a week, Sundays always for church and tuesday cause the free store down town is open I'm cheap.
#70 of 86 Old 03-10-2009, 02:47 PM

oh I love clark MO. my sister lived in moberly and I went to school there for college. I loved clark (isnt that were the amish village is?)

I dont use cloth dipes anymore both my boys are potty trained but I kept some for when I watch kids too. I will of course ask if that is ok before I do it. But so many moms I know dont give enough diapers per day. Since I am working I dont watch that many kids anymore. I love babies. Anyway anytime you want to get together maybe you could show me the free store sometime. :

#71 of 86 Old 03-10-2009, 04:01 PM

It is free on Tuesdays and yard sale prices on Wensday-Friday. It is called the Wardrobe. Some folk like it others dont.

I havent met a mom who minds if there kid is cloth diapered when they relazie that the sposie are not being used. So it is saving them a few bucks.

Clark is where the Amish are, that is correct.

They have raw milk to buy. A few grocergy stores now where item are dented or about to go bad or are past date are sold for CHEAP. I have been buying organic baby food for .25 cents a jar. The past date stuff you have to watch out for but most of it is still good. Canned goods average .30 cents a can organic and not. I shop there a lot. They also have a new bulk store but my grandma says she is kinda of expenive and said just save money and to clovers. They also have the fresh seasonal veggies.

Anyone who is reading this, I can help you find the best shops out there....or even how to get there jut PM me.
#72 of 86 Old 03-11-2009, 11:23 AM

I will be going to clark as soon as we move into our house in may!! Gotta stock up on thier cookie sheets for myself and I send them to my sister in NC. We love them they are heavy and big enough to put a dozen cookies spaced out. We love them. I got gripe water there when peanut had cholic. I also get good quilting supplies for my mom. Not to mention their strawberry rhubarb pie mmmmmm and their bread is good too.

#73 of 86 Old 03-11-2009, 07:27 PM

havent been able to find anyone willing to sell bread in awhile. Maybe a month or two. Perhaps I am just going on the wrong day....
#74 of 86 Old 03-30-2009, 02:30 AM

Did anyone go to the farmers market saturday. I wanted to but couldnt since I worked all flippen day!! anyway if you did do they have a good selection?

By the way Nevaehsmom I am off this tuesday through friday if you want to do anything. I just have to be home by 2 DH has to work but Tuesday I am free all day.

#75 of 86 Old 03-31-2009, 10:49 AM

Clothdiaper- I pmed you.

Everyone else. I posted on Craigslist looking for a true fit car seat. Does anyone have one that I could look at IRL? TIA
#76 of 86 Old 04-22-2009, 09:53 PM

DH is interviewing in the Lake of the Ozarks area in a couple weeks. So I guess that is about 40-80 miles from JC and Columbia. And I am used to driving long distances!

So I am lurking. :

Resistance is futile Matey
#77 of 86 Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 AM

Well sending vibes to you and your DH that you might get to be here in the area soon.:

#78 of 86 Old 04-23-2009, 11:34 AM

:d

Resistance is futile Matey
#79 of 86 Old 04-24-2009, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm not living in Columbia right now, I live in Sullivan, but I am highly considering moving there in the future. I am tossed up between there, Kansas City, and certain parts of St Louis. I know St Louis but I'm really not familiar with either other city. I'm looking for an area that supports a more homesteading lifestyle but also has good schools and natural shopping,etc. I think living just outside of Columbia would be a good fit, but I'm still in the shopping around phase.
#80 of 86 Old 04-25-2009, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhats View Post
I'm not living in Columbia right now, I live in Sullivan, but I am highly considering moving there in the future. I am tossed up between there, Kansas City, and certain parts of St Louis. I know St Louis but I'm really not familiar with either other city. I'm looking for an area that supports a more homesteading lifestyle but also has good schools and natural shopping,etc. I think living just outside of Columbia would be a good fit, but I'm still in the shopping around phase.
I am moving to right outside of columbia in millersburg close to fulton. Yeah me. Anyway we are hoping that will be a better thing for the kids. It is so cramped where we are now and they really dont have a yard to play in. Plus I am familiar with Fulton schools and that is where they will go. Dont know if that is the kind of little homestead type lifestyle you are looking for but it is not a bad area.

#81 of 86 Old 04-28-2009, 12:23 PM

Cloth diaper- We are going to be in town tommorow. Going to be at the mall play place and then go to the $1 swim at the ARC if you are off. $1 swim is from 11:30-12:30 for little ones/parent. Not sure what the cut off age is...
#82 of 86 Old 04-30-2009, 01:30 AM

Sorry just got this but I was working anyway. In two weeks I will be off school for a week and off work every Wednesday to Monday. If you want to do something then. Sorry the next two weeks is my busy weeks. We are moving finally:: and I am in the last two weeks of these tough classes. Thanks for the invite though.

#83 of 86 Old 07-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Tell me about Columbia.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#84 of 86 Old 07-21-2009, 11:04 AM

Never mind. I have nixed the Columbia idea.

Anne, Mama to Conner 2/27/04 blahblah.gif  Gabrielle 2/6/06 W/LMC-TCS, Neurogenic Bladder, AFO & KAFO wearer, Neurogenic Bowel energy.gif & Delaney 5/12/08 mischievous.gif &  Beethoven cat.gif& Gizmo cat.gif

#85 of 86 Old 09-02-2009, 10:12 AM

I am a working mama of an 11-week daughter and my spouse goes to school in the evenings M-W. Anyone know of any playgroups or gettogethers M-W nights? LLL once a month just doesn't seem to cut it!

Thanks in advance.
#86 of 86 Old 04-10-2012, 02:16 PM

I know this is a VERY old thread.  Just wondering if there are any mamas in the area.  I'm about 45 minutes from both Columbia and Jeff City.  My dh works in Jeff City and drives there every day.  I'm interested in birth options at Boone Hospital.  How mainstream are they, are they natural birth friendly.  Are there any other docs/hospitals in the area that would be better?  I'm Type 2 diabetic and 19 weeks pregnant, but really wanting at birth with as few interventions as possible. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page