Twin Birth in Chicago? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a friend asking my recommendation for an OB or, even better, a midwife who will strive to give her a normal birth with twins. She is only a couple months pregnant and beginning the search. anyone have a good experience delivering twins in Chicago area?

Thanks!
Holly Barhamand
www.hollyhelps.us
#2 of 2 Old 08-27-2008, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Holly,

First, a disclaimer. I am looking for a twin vbac provider, so it's a lot more limited than just twins. However, the list below is the recommendations I have received around these boards and elsewhere.

Dr. Julie Ericson (www.womenobgyn.net)

Dr. Elias Sabbagha (I know he is know for doing breech births, common w/twins)

UIC Midwives

Dr. James Smith (www.obgyneassociates.com) (this is the one I am choosing, for location, insurance coverage, he returned my call and didn't seem bothered by the fact it is a vbac. He has 3 midwives under him. However, he is not the most comfortable with a 2nd twin breech so we'll see how it goes.)

I also tried to get in touch with Dr. Kovio (sp?) who is with the midwives that left Midwest Midwifery. You'll see some thread about them here. They might be an option as well.

There are also traveling homebirth midwives that do twins, if that is within your comfort zone. You can see a response to my question on the ICANofChicago Yahoo group.

Good luck!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page