Mothering Forum banner

water birth and st luke's

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jevm 
#1 ·
Does anyone know whether it's possible to have a water birth at St. Luke's and if so, which obs will support it? I haven't seen much about Luke's here. Actually, any ob/cnm recommendations would be great!

#4 ·
oh man, that would have been heaven 6 years ago when dd was born. She was face up and I was in PAIN!! We had ds at st.johns and due to poor experiences there will be returning to st.lukes for the birth of dc #3. I'd go there on general princilples since they've changed their philosophy on childbirth so drasticly. The couplet care and family centered phil. along with the idea for the staff that labor and recovery are not sickness but are wellness differ from the other hospitals in the st.louis area.

Can you tell I'm just excited, even with having a repeat c section with this child. Their rules there are more relaxed than john's as well. Enjoy your experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.