Need midwife near Sullivan MO for HB - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-20-2008, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am helping a friend w/o the internet. She desperately wants a natural childbirth/homebirth this pregnancy but hasn't been able to find a midwife close enough to her for appointments and delivery. She lives in Sullivan, MO and can go as far as St Louis for appointments if necessary though it would be easiest for her if the midwife is able to meet her halfway or at her home for visits because they are a one-car family with two other children. She has had 2 csections and 1 vaginal (preterm) delivery.

If you wish to privately message me with any info, I understand. I just REALLY want to help her out. The OB that will take her insurance refuses to let her have a vbac even with the successful vaginal delivery and it makes my blood boil!
#2 of 4 Old 09-22-2008, 02:17 PM

Not sure if you've gotten any info via pm....but has she tried Friends of MO midwives? FOMM helps homebirth families find midwives--there is a website, you can google it if no one here provides the link (I don't have it).

good luck!
#3 of 4 Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

She did contact them and the closest midwife they recommended to her was in Columbia, a 2 hour drive.
#4 of 4 Old 09-23-2008, 12:13 PM

I live in Rolla. You might have to look online but there is a place for pregnant women here without insurance and I know they are helping one of my fiance's coworkers plan a homebirth. you could look into it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page