Illinois: How do you handle vax exemptions for partial vaxes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son got all his vaxes up til now (we're delaying and skipping some with ds2 and 3) and I don't want to give him the MMR booster that the school is requiring. I thought the religious exemption was all or nothing. They know he's done the first. Can I just get the Measles? Or should I just not get it and submit the exemption and claim I changed my mind??
#2 of 6 Old 10-01-2008, 07:05 PM

I haven't done this, but have many friends who have. They use the religious exemption (there's a standard form out there somewhere) and it is not all or nothing. (I mean really, you could have changed your religious views since he got the first one... that's not really any of their business.)
#3 of 6 Old 10-13-2008, 10:27 PM

Hi, I live in Illinois and use the religious exemption for all of my kids. The first two were vaccinated until my 2nd was 15 months and the last 2 none at all. I bought a copy of the book Educate before you Vaccinate by Dr.Mayer Eisenstein. The last chapter in the book has examples of letters that you can write to the school. Dr. Mayer Eisenstein is also a lawyer. You don't need a form. Simply write a letter stating your beliefs-you do have to choose at least 3 passages of scripture. On the medical form ask your doctor to not fill it in and write religious exemption across it. Have never in 4 years had an issue with the school.

Hope this helps.
#4 of 6 Old 10-14-2008, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You have to do the Religious Exemption for ALL vaccines. What he has had in the past doesn't matter. Don't divulge any of that, it is between you and your doctor. You do not have to report them. Just write a religious exemption for him for all vaccines.

The only reason they have the booster for the MMR is that 10% of kids don't "take" to the first one. 90% do. So chances are, your child is fully protected from the first one, anyway.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#5 of 6 Old 10-16-2008, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~crystal~ View Post
Hi, I live in Illinois and use the religious exemption for all of my kids. The first two were vaccinated until my 2nd was 15 months and the last 2 none at all. I bought a copy of the book Educate before you Vaccinate by Dr.Mayer Eisenstein. The last chapter in the book has examples of letters that you can write to the school. Dr. Mayer Eisenstein is also a lawyer. You don't need a form. Simply write a letter stating your beliefs-you do have to choose at least 3 passages of scripture. On the medical form ask your doctor to not fill it in and write religious exemption across it. Have never in 4 years had an issue with the school.

Hope this helps.
I don't know where he came up with that, but the PP should refer to IL state law (I seriously doubt you need to come up with any scripture). Your religious views (quote/unquote if you're not religious) can change at any time. Fill out the exemption for all vaccines, even if they know he's been vaccinated before. Filling it out partially is just opening the door for them to ask questions/bully you into something you don't want.

If you haven't tried already, post to the vax forum too.
#6 of 6 Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM

You do need to specify your specific personal religious beliefs that factor into your "religious" objection to vaccines. Including references and the text of specific scriptures can help do this. These links are specific to Illinois:

http://www.vaccineawareness.org/info...nExemption.htm

http://www.vaccineawareness.org/info...iousBelief.htm

http://www.vaccineawareness.org/Illi...nChart5_00.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjoe View Post
I don't know where he came up with that, but the PP should refer to IL state law (I seriously doubt you need to come up with any scripture).

DS1 March 2003DS2 Sept 2005,
and 3 , in our happy secular

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page