Placenta encapsulation - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-01-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just Curious if anyone has heard of this or had any experience with this?
#2 of 4 Old 10-02-2008, 10:53 AM

I did it for my birth. I wish they'd been ready right away after the birth so I could have benefited from them during the craziest part of the post partum period. I'm glad I did it and I'll do it again.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#3 of 4 Old 10-18-2008, 01:13 PM

I didn't encapsulate mine, but I wanted to say that I found it not to be necessary (for me anyway).

The main reason I didn't opt for encapsulation was all the work involved and conflicting information on how to do so, as well as not being able to take some right away after the birth.

My midwife cut a piece off for me and I made a smoothie with it about 12 hours post partum. Then, a friend cut me a few more pieces that I had my husband make smoothies with the nect day or so. Then, once I was able to get up the energy myself, (2 days pp), I put it in a bnig glass bowl and used scissors to section it. It was NOT gross at all. I HIGHLY recommend using scissors, though, because a knife is difficult. Scissors cut straight through and make clean pieces.

I then put the pieces in an ice tray, covered the ice tray with a ziploc bag and froze them. That lasted me 2 weeks pp.

Most of my smoothies were: yogurt, strawberries, bananna's, and fruit juice. I never tasted anything and found that my standard blender ground up the frozen placenta perfectly.
#4 of 4 Old 10-20-2008, 03:31 AM

My sister & a friend made my placenta into a tincture following this method...

http://www.unhinderedliving.com/placentaessence.html

Check over in the Birth & Beyond forum, too, because I'm sure there's a ton of info about various placental preparations over there.

stephanie asl.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page