Looking for AP store in the DuPage county area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 10-19-2008, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going home to visit in November. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take my friend and her new baby to an AP store. Plus go to one myself since we have none here so I only have the internet. We will be coming from Downers Grove so nothing to far but I am willing to travel a bit.

I am looking for something with cloth diapers, baby carriers, ect.
#2 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 03:26 AM

How about Be By Baby in Chicago? http://bebybaby.com/ There's also store a bit closer, in Oak Park, but the name escapes me!? Anyone? Let me think a minute....

stephanie asl.gif

#3 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 10:01 AM

It's Geppetto's Toybox in Oak Park

GeppettosToyBox
730 Lake St
Oak Park, IL 60301
(708) 445-9906

I havn't been to Be By Baby, but Geppetto's is a very nice store. Tons of toys, quite a few slings and cloth diapers. The prices are the same as you find on internet.
#4 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 01:49 PM

I'm sure there's something in downtown Naperville?
#5 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamalisa View Post
I'm sure there's something in downtown Naperville?
Nope. At least not that I know of. Naperville isn't really the hub of NFL.

stephanie asl.gif

#6 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru View Post
Nope. At least not that I know of. Naperville isn't really the hub of NFL.
I totally snorted when I read that. So true. But Naperville is the home of all things trendy and expensive, so I would assume that there has to be some sort of wooden toy/silk sling/crazy fancy cloth diaper store somewhere down there
#7 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I totally snorted when I read that. So true. But Naperville is the home of all things trendy and expensive, so I would assume that there has to be some sort of wooden toy/silk sling/crazy fancy cloth diaper store somewhere down there
Nope..nothing here I just moved to Naperville and I have been looking around.

SAHM to DS 12/29/07 and DD 9/15/10 smile.gif
#8 of 24 Old 10-20-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
It's all about supply & demand and...well... I guess the demand is not very high. I can only dream of a store like you describe. : I must say, though, that I've found my NFL niche out here & know many like-minded families so I'm not complaining!

stephanie asl.gif

#9 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 01:23 AM
acp

Be By Baby is great. Not so close to Du Page County, though....
#10 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgorita View Post
It's Geppetto's Toybox in Oak Park

GeppettosToyBox
730 Lake St
Oak Park, IL 60301
(708) 445-9906

I havn't been to Be By Baby, but Geppetto's is a very nice store. Tons of toys, quite a few slings and cloth diapers. The prices are the same as you find on internet.
Gepettos is great -- cloth diapers, baby carriers and great toys. The owners are wonderful too. There is another store in Oak Park, I will get the name and address and post it -- it sells different kinds of cloth diapers. Both stores have classes on cloth diapers and Gepettos has one on babycarriers -- so maybe you could even call and find out if there will be a class when you are visiting?
#11 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
It's all about supply & demand and...well... I guess the demand is not very high. I can only dream of a store like you describe. : I must say, though, that I've found my NFL niche out here & know many like-minded families so I'm not complaining!
I am sure it is on the horizon. I bet WF and TJ start selling cloth diapers and WF already sells Mobys. Anyway, I love online shopping. Truthfully I don't buy my cloth diapers or baby carriers from the stores I am local to. I do buy toys though.
#12 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 PM

My DH is LOL as well. He says- dont you buy it on the net? Maybe because we did just that.

ROFLMOA at the naper comment!! We say Naperville is as crunchy as jello is but I know several AP minded and NFL minded people there who are breaking ground!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#13 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cuties View Post
Gepettos is great -- cloth diapers, baby carriers and great toys. The owners are wonderful too. There is another store in Oak Park, I will get the name and address and post it -- it sells different kinds of cloth diapers. Both stores have classes on cloth diapers and Gepettos has one on babycarriers -- so maybe you could even call and find out if there will be a class when you are visiting?
Found it! Green Home Experts on Oak Park Avenue, check out their website. They sell a bunch of "green" stuff -- including cloth diapers. So...if you were going to make the trip from Downer's Grove to Oak Park (about 20 minutes in good traffic), I would hit both Gepettos and Green Home Expert and see if there will be a babywearing or cloth diapering class that day! Good luck.
#14 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st View Post
My DH is LOL as well. He says- dont you buy it on the net? Maybe because we did just that.

ROFLMOA at the naper comment!! We say Naperville is as crunchy as jello is but I know several AP minded and NFL minded people there who are breaking ground!
Where are these people?!! I would like to meet them : We've only been here for a few months. Aside from going to LLL, I'd like to find other ways to find more like-minded people.

#15 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsommer View Post
Where are these people?!! I would like to meet them : We've only been here for a few months. Aside from going to LLL, I'd like to find other ways to find more like-minded people.

Have you joined the DuPage API? It is a great group of wonderful families, check out this link.
#16 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Have you joined the DuPage API? It is a great group of wonderful families, check out this link.
Hehe...actually, after I wrote that last message I clicked on the link at the bottom of your signature and then I google to see if I could find DuPage county. I just have to wait to hear back from the leaders : Thank you!

#17 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Hehe...actually, after I wrote that last message I clicked on the link at the bottom of your signature and then I google to see if I could find DuPage county. I just have to wait to hear back from the leaders : Thank you!
LOL. Way to go! I am sure you will hear soon. You will really like the ladies in this group.
#18 of 24 Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I'm a member of the DuPage API group & you'll definitely find some like-minded mamas in the bunch! Even though it's technically a group focused on AP parenting, many of us are huge fans of natural living & support each other in this way.

Welcome to Naperville! It's really not as bad as it's reputation would have you think.

stephanie asl.gif

#19 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 01:08 AM

Quote:
I'm a member of the DuPage API group & you'll definitely find some like-minded mamas in the bunch! Even though it's technically a group focused on AP parenting, many of us are huge fans of natural living & support each other in this way.

Welcome to Naperville! It's really not as bad as it's reputation would have you think.
Thank you. I've enjoyed the people on this forum very much so it I'm sure it will be even better to meet some of them IRL. I'm excited!

No, Naperville is not bad...I just feel like it's very Stepford. I have yet to see any other babywearers, though I know I'm not the only one.

#20 of 24 Old 10-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:

I was hoping one of you would pop in and intro yourself!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#21 of 24 Old 10-25-2008, 05:57 PM

well, located in naperville but not a store...sometimes they have workshops...
http://www.green-bebe.com/index.php?...category&id=44

and well, Target sells BumGenius and some sell Fuzzibunz and they have slings....so sort of ap store!
#22 of 24 Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 PM

I see that Gepettos is having a cloth diaper seminar on December 7th.

Quote:
Quote:
I am sure it is on the horizon. I bet WF and TJ start selling cloth diapers and WF already sells Mobys. Anyway, I love online shopping. Truthfully I don't buy my cloth diapers or baby carriers from the stores I am local to. I do buy toys though.
Quote:
Found it! Green Home Experts on Oak Park Avenue, check out their website. They sell a bunch of "green" stuff -- including cloth diapers. So...if you were going to make the trip from Downer's Grove to Oak Park (about 20 minutes in good traffic), I would hit both Gepettos and Green Home Expert and see if there will be a babywearing or cloth diapering class that day! Good luck.
#23 of 24 Old 11-09-2008, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks girls! Now to get my dh to stop by some of them on our way in. I know he will tell me I do not need anything else but I just wanna SEE a nice AP store since we have NONE here. Just the internet to drool over stuff. I just wanna touch it all
#24 of 24 Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Are you driving here? And if so, are you passing by Madison, WI. There are some there that are really enjoyable to shop (even if it's just window shopping) at.

Giselle, natural living mama to three (and TTC our 4th)
Granola Babies - www.granolababies.com
Everything for your natural baby - visit online or in So. CA. Always free shipping within the USA.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page