Farmington, St. Francis County MO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-23-2008, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is looking like dh may get a job in the Farmington area and I need advice. I am 21 weeks pregnant and am looking for a OB and hospital or birth center that is natural childbirth supportive. Anyone recs?

I am not opposed to driving either.
#2 of 4 Old 10-24-2008, 01:00 AM

I'm seeing Dr Sonja Williams and like her so far, but I have no experience with her during birth. I haven't delivered at Parkland med center, but Mineral Area Regional med center is pretty good (unfortunately no birth centers). Just stay far, far away from Dr Gasser. He loves the pitocin and any other interventions.

~Danelle~ Mama to four wonderful, intact kiddos ~~ Cami (10), Jimmy (5), Ella & Alex (2/09), and Newbie due 8/11 
#3 of 4 Old 10-24-2008, 11:24 AM

I don't know anything about the hospitals/OBs of that area, but I am pretty sure there are homebirth mws who could help you. If you are interested, you can pm me, and/or contact Friends of Missouri Mws--FOMM--for info.

hope you find what and who you are looking for.
#4 of 4 Old 10-25-2008, 10:48 PM

I actually live 7 miles from Farmington and know from experience that if you are looking for a natural based birth, you aren't going to get it at either one of those hospitals. You will have to stay home and do it or head up to North. Good luck.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page