Adoption in Missouri - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-27-2008, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with adopting in Missouri? How long it takes, what the laws are, how much it costs. I don't have any child in particular in mind, but we are considering it. We would prefer to adopt an infant. We already have two kids, could have another one of our own, but there are unwanted kids out there and would like to try this path.
#2 of 4 Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 AM

I'm in Southwest MO and work for a private, non-profit adoption agency. I also used to work for DFS as a social worker back in the day. I think cost can vary widely. If you are thinking about adopting through the state, the cost would be fairly minimal, start out by contacting the DFS office in your county and talk to the worker who does the foster care licensing and let them know what you are thinking about. If you want to know more about the agency I work for, I would be happy to give you some info, just pm me.
Good luck on your journey, I've loved working with families from all sides of the coin.
Pamela
#3 of 4 Old 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM

We adopted in Missouri and I know a bunch of people who have but every story is so different I can't really answer your question. The Missouri Bar association has a good website with some of the legal stuff you'll need.
http://www.mobar.org/c5bd7c84-bcbe-4...6b11f31c4.aspx
Hmmmm seams like there was more. Look through the rest of the family law section.
#4 of 4 Old 10-28-2008, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

That information is helpful, I thought I would need to contact the local dfs, but wasn't sure. Also I will check the law link. I may pm you socialworkmama in the near future.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page