Didn't there used to be a TC Mamas Chat Thread here? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 83 Old 03-20-2009, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Oh man! I forgot the meetings are tonight! I'm gonna pass as it's 7 right now and prob missed it Oh well next time!
Actually, I didnt go either. I had really bad ovulation pain. It was kind of weird! I'm not sure if they were worse because I was reading "Spiritual Midwifery" or if I just had an exceptionally big egg to pass through my ovary. LOL! We can try for next week!

Randine , Wife to Chris , mama to Gracie (3) and to Soren (07/08/2010)
#62 of 83 Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childbirth_Fanatic View Post
Actually, I didnt go either. I had really bad ovulation pain. It was kind of weird! I'm not sure if they were worse because I was reading "Spiritual Midwifery" or if I just had an exceptionally big egg to pass through my ovary. LOL! We can try for next week!
Too funny! Maybe you end up with a baby earlier than fall Yeah, let's try to attend the next meeting

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#63 of 83 Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 View Post
Too funny! Maybe you end up with a baby earlier than fall Yeah, let's try to attend the next meeting
I would like that. But I have this thing with wanting to deliver in the summer so I can walk around during my labor outside. We are preventing like crazy till fall!

#64 of 83 Old 03-21-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

We saw our first house in what I'm sure will be a long and arduous search today. It had a mold problem, so it's definitively out of the running. Still, it was fun to walk around and poke at place we might decide to live. I think next week we're going to look at a couple of houses in the minnehaha falls area... anyone interested in maybe getting a cup of coffee afterwards?

Alas, I'm not sure I love our realtor, and I suppose that I'll need to find a loan officer or something soon. Anyone have any recommendations to share?

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#65 of 83 Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Anyone else bored by this weather? I feel as if the cabin fever is back. Prob doesn't help I'm bigger than the house and cleaned everything I can. I want spring back, baby out and to go play outside w/the kids!
#66 of 83 Old 03-26-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleweather View Post
We saw our first house in what I'm sure will be a long and arduous search today. It had a mold problem, so it's definitively out of the running. Still, it was fun to walk around and poke at place we might decide to live. I think next week we're going to look at a couple of houses in the minnehaha falls area... anyone interested in maybe getting a cup of coffee afterwards?

Alas, I'm not sure I love our realtor, and I suppose that I'll need to find a loan officer or something soon. Anyone have any recommendations to share?
Hey mama! That's in our neighborhood! I'd love to meet up and I'm sure Samanatha would too
I LOVED our realtor, his name is Andy Grover he's with Edina Realty out of St. Paul. He lives in the neighborhood too. As far as a Mortgage, my DH works with Wells Fargo and would be happy to talk to you! JLMK.

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#67 of 83 Old 03-28-2009, 09:04 PM

Hey!!!! Um where is everybody??? We can't let this thread die!!!! Hhehehe!!!!

I am still obsessed with a mama meetup!!! However, I am going to Tampa!! Woo hooo!!! For 3wks!!!! Leaving this Tuesday, so let me know how the weather is mamas!!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#68 of 83 Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM

naturalmama- Lucky! Have a good trip!
#69 of 83 Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 AM

Whew! I'm still here---we moved last week and that's always so exhausting and time consuming, but we finally got our internet back on this weekend and 80% of the boxes unpacked, so now it feels as if I'm a little more available.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#70 of 83 Old 03-29-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
naturalmama- Lucky! Have a good trip!
Thanks We are going for my dh work, but he's taking an extra week off for fun in the sun!:

When is your newest baby due again? I forgot, but pretty soon right?? How exciting!! I big families! You are such a super mom!!

#71 of 83 Old 03-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cileag View Post
Whew! I'm still here---we moved last week and that's always so exhausting and time consuming, but we finally got our internet back on this weekend and 80% of the boxes unpacked, so now it feels as if I'm a little more available.
Where did you move to? I so hate moving (the actual act of it) but love love love moving into new spaces!!! We (dh and I) have lived everywhere it seems! And every place we've lived at completely rocks! Our 1st apartment was a super teensy 500 sq studio on 19th and Fremont near lake of the isles in Kenwood I really it! Then we bought a condo downtown in the creamette building in the warehouse district, that was this beautiful gianormous condo with these huge floor to cieling windows, then we moved to North Mpls (35th and Lyndale) which was a bit rough, but the house was beautiful with tons of charm, now we live in the longfellow nieghborhood of s. mpls, and really love it here too! My next stop is either, Boulder CO, Portland OR, a small farm somewhere in s. MN or somewhere in Europe. But anyway, congrats on moving and goodluck putting everything away!

#72 of 83 Old 03-30-2009, 11:12 AM

We were over on 33rd and Fremont and moved closer to St. Louis Park and are now in a comfortable condo near Dean Parkway--the location is wonderful! The greenway is just steps out of my door; Whole Foods is so close; and there's even a new burger joint coming in just in case I need a milkshake. We're really pleased so far.

I work in St. Louis Park and when the light is finally there in the mornings, I bike to work, and this is going to be SO convenient. The moving is a pain, but it is kind of fun to nest a little.

Mama to P. born at home 10/09, and W. born in the hospital 2/13

#73 of 83 Old 03-30-2009, 11:42 AM

I would love a mommy meet up! Let me know I can do it anytime during the weekend or evening.

#74 of 83 Old 03-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childbirth_Fanatic View Post
I would love a mommy meet up! Let me know I can do it anytime during the weekend or evening.
Ditto!
Snow coming.........:

:
Everlasting......

Mama to : Savannah (12/16/2002) & Bruen (3/19/2005). The H = Jason :
Baby #3 Drake (10/21/2009) :
#75 of 83 Old 04-04-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm kind of new here. I would love to meet up with some like- minded mamas.
I'm Tanya
2 ds- 3y and 4 1/2y
dd- 1y
and nephew 3 1/2 y (dn?)
we live in Blaine
#76 of 83 Old 04-05-2009, 06:54 AM

hi polishmom!
#77 of 83 Old 04-05-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Stupid snow! I was looking forward all weekend to attending the "Spring into Farming!" event at the Gibbs Farm... egg-picking, farm babies, crafts and running around to get the 3 year old's yayas out.

Alas, no. We had to clean the basement instead. The upside was supposed to be that I would have my sewing area set up and be able to start on my summer/spring clothes. Alas, the cords to my machine seem to have gone missing in the move. Poop.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#78 of 83 Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 AM

Howdy from Inver Grove Heights!!

I am in SERIOUS NEED of a Mommy meet up. PLEASE count me in!!!

Subbing and hoping to join in the chat later on...
Lindsey

SAHM to Chloe (02/28/08) & Samantha (10/06/10)... not quite crunchy - think of us as al dente, finding our way to self-sustainability & full-out crunchy living ... trial and error, one day at a time! 
#79 of 83 Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Hi Twin Cities mamas! I'm wondering if anyone here has recommendations for child care in Mpls or St. Paul? I'm hoping to find an AP-style provider...
#80 of 83 Old 07-07-2009, 08:38 PM

There is the attachment parenting Meetup group which you could join - maybe you can get some recommendations from folks there? IDK, just my two cents! Sorry I can't be of more help... but still, hope that helps!

SAHM to Chloe (02/28/08) & Samantha (10/06/10)... not quite crunchy - think of us as al dente, finding our way to self-sustainability & full-out crunchy living ... trial and error, one day at a time! 
#81 of 83 Old 07-08-2009, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedeepee View Post
Hi Twin Cities mamas! I'm wondering if anyone here has recommendations for child care in Mpls or St. Paul? I'm hoping to find an AP-style provider...
There's a large database on the API Minneapolis/St. Paul yahoo group. Request to join.

Summer: crafty mama to 2 little girls and wife to Bob
#82 of 83 Old 07-18-2009, 08:51 PM

Okay Bumpin' up this chat thread. . . where is everybody?? I'm bored, this weather has been awful! Who wants to get together? Where's everybody hanging out these days??

#83 of 83 Old 07-18-2009, 09:20 PM

UGH! This weather is the PITS!

It's basically :

:

We've been hanging out indoors. Well, we went to the park one day this week, but still! I've been dying to get a kiddie pool - we still haven't - and gosh, with the looks of it, we won't be getting one until all this clears!

Supposed to be a high of 80 tomorrow though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page