Likely moving to the Waukesha WI area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-18-2009, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband is up for a promotion that will move us from central IL to the Waukesha area. If selected, we will be moving within the next month-ish. What can you tell me about the area.

Who are the good pediatricians?

Any AP groups in the area?

Apartment complexes/neighborhoods to stay away from?

Anything else you wish to share would be extremely helpful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Bumping as I would like to have at least neighborhood info by the end of the week...
Old 05-19-2009, 03:13 PM

I was hoping that someone else that knows more about Waukesha would post. I lived there several years ago before kids, so I can't answer your questions about family life there. There is a great site that you might be able to get some answers from...
http://www.milwaukeemoms.com/

There is also an active Holistic Moms Network that might be able to provide you with some info...
http://home.homewebs.com/hmnmilwaukeewi/

Sorry I couldn't help more!

J - Homeschooling mom to H (1/20/05), Z (11/6/06) and C (8/22/08)
I work from SON up to SON down! 
Old 05-19-2009, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Any help is better than none at all, and I do appreciate those rescources.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 AM

I don't know a lot about the city of Waukesha, but the surrounding areas are VERY nice. Look at Brookfield, it's a nice, more established community, with good schools. Delafield is really nice. I actually go out to Delafield for DD's ped. As I said look to the areas in outlying Waukesha, not the city and you can't really go wrong. It's a nice place to live. Close to Milwaukee for cultural stuff, but out in the country too, but with a lot of stuff to do.

Double majoring Philosophy/History single student mommy geek.gif to DD(4yo)dust.gif. I heartbeat.gif reading (mostly feminist philosophy, Simone de Beauvoir and Jane Addams are my intellectual heros. I'm a dork pinktongue.gif), and sewmachine.gif.
You've got to get man off your eyeball, before you can see anything at all.- Shug Avery in "The Color Purple"

Old 05-21-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I will look into that
Old 05-26-2009, 02:32 AM

I grew up in Waukesha- lived there for 26 years and my family still lives there, plus my closest childhood friend and her dh and children live there.

My mom is a fourth grade teacher in Waukesha and I have taught/subbed at several Waukesha area schools.

What areas are you looking specifically? There are certainly some that are better than others- especially if you are considering where to send your children to school.

My ped as a child and my girls ped for when we visit is a group practice at Moreland Medical Center. My girls have Dr Kinetader who is fairly young and was expecting last summer when we saw her.

What other questions do you have? I know the areas pretty well. Overall it is a nice place to live and raise children.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 PM

Us too, us too! My DHs company has an office in Waukesha & we are planning on moving up there a year from now. I found a really nice house in Wales (just scouting online.) How are the peds in the Waukesha area? Many/few non-vax friendly? We have an *awesome* ped now & that is one of my biggest concerns about moving.....

goorganic.jpgwife to footinmouth.gif, currently WOH and geek.gif on my doctorate. (I'm dissertating!) We: novaxnocirc.giftoddler.gifgd.giffamilybed1.gif  with DS (4/09)!
Old 06-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Sorry, I don't have any info on peds other than the regular ones. My friend lived in Wales just off hwy 83 & now lives in Delafield - both are nice communities. Dh grew up in Mukwanago, I grew up in Waukesha. We've also lived downtown Milwaukee & in West Allis. We had a house in Oconomowoc. I taught in Waukesha, Wauwatosa, Oconomoc and Hartland. I have family also in Brookfield, Pewaukee and many friends in the general area.

I used to teach at a private, independent school- University Lake School in Hartland. I highly recommend it. It is a great blend of personal education, drama, arts, sciences & humanities - it always felt like family to me - from the students to the parent community to the faculty.

Any other specifc questions- just let me know.

Kristin

User Tag List