OB or MW near St. Cloud or Twin Cities? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2009, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all, this is my first post - I'm so happy to find these fora, they look really great!

I'm moving from eastern Washington state to St. Cloud in a week, and am expecting my first baby on July 23. I am looking for an OB or Midwife and hospital/birth center that is supportive of natural childbirth, is personable, and relaxed. I'd also love any recommendations for a good doula in the area.

Thanks so much!
FT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2009, 02:54 AM

I can't recommend a midwife/ob, but to find a doula, check out www.childbirthcollective.org

Wife to my wonderful Pablo, mum to Roo 8/10/01, Vin 1/10/07, Bug 6/3/07, Butterbean 12/12/09
Old 06-11-2009, 12:42 PM

Morning Star Women's Health and Birth Center
Paula Bernini Feigal is the CPM and director. There is a temporary location open until the new birth center officially opens later in the summer. You can schedule an appointment at 715.231.3100
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 PM

This is probably way too late for you, but for a hospital midwife, I would drive from St. Cloud to Long Prairie - the midwife practice there is great - I went there from St. Cloud for the birth of my DD.
Joy Parker is a wonderful home birth midwife. She has delivered both my sons - the newest of whom was born June 8th.
If you are looking for other resources in the St. Cloud area, let me know. I'm not on-line a lot with the new baby, but I'll try to get back to you asap. La Leche League and the Holistic Moms Network both have local chapters which are also great local resources.

Mama to three - DD : 1/03, DS 2/06, and DS 6/09.

User Tag List