OB-GYN/Family doctor near St. Cloud, MN? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had our first baby with a wonderful homebirth midwife (), but now I'm trying to explore my options for birth control, and ultimately am thinking of going with an IUD or other method that would require a prescription, so I'm trying to find an open-minded (ie, midwife/breastfeeding-friendly) doctor/nurse practitioner in the St. Cloud or north TC suburb area. I will probably not be staying with this doctor if/when I get pregnant again, so hospital rights aren't important, but it would be nice to be with someone who won't push the latest drugs or lecture me about the dangers of home birth if it comes up. I don't want to rub my birth choices in anyone's face, but mutual respect would be lovely, as would finding a practitioner our insurance might cover.

Thanks in advance for any help you wonderful ladies can give!

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#2 of 3 Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 AM

I really, really like Dr. Tammy Myerhoffer at Centra Care heartland. She is family practice and I and my children see her. She is fine with no-vax, approves of tandem nursing, had no issues knowing I nursed a 5 yr old, and is very open to alternative treatments working in conjunction with western medicine. If you want to know more about her, pm me.
There is also a St. Cloud AP moms yahoo group where you would be able to get more recomendations. I know a lot of people like one of the Dr's at Williams Integra care, but I can't remember his name right now. If you join the yahoo group, say you heard about it on MDC and mention your user name and you'll get approved right away.

Mama to three - DD : 1/03, DS 2/06, and DS 6/09.
#3 of 3 Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheenya View Post
I really, really like Dr. Tammy Myerhoffer at Centra Care heartland. She is family practice and I and my children see her. She is fine with no-vax, approves of tandem nursing, had no issues knowing I nursed a 5 yr old, and is very open to alternative treatments working in conjunction with western medicine. If you want to know more about her, pm me.
There is also a St. Cloud AP moms yahoo group where you would be able to get more recomendations. I know a lot of people like one of the Dr's at Williams Integra care, but I can't remember his name right now. If you join the yahoo group, say you heard about it on MDC and mention your user name and you'll get approved right away.
Thank you very much for the suggestions! I really appreciate it. Dr. Myerhoffer sounds wonderful, and I'll probably check out the Yahoo group too.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page